Gaming smartphones have gained immense popularity in recent years. Many major Smartphone OEM’s have started producing their gaming phones. One such company is ASUS, last year ASUS launched the ASUS ROG Phone, Well, this time around ASUS has announced the successor to its gaming smartphone i.e. the ASUS ROG Phone 2.
If you have been scouting for a powerful gaming smartphone then the ROG Phone 2 might impress you. So here’s everything you need to know about the ASUS ROG Phone 2.
ASUS ROG Phone 2: Specifications And Features
In collaboration with Tencent, ASUS has announced the ASUS ROG Phone 2. This smartphone sports a stealthy metal and glass build and it’s designed to improve the grip and comfort while playing games. One of the major highlights of this gaming smartphone is its 6.59-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED display.
It is worth noting that, the ROG Phone 2 sports the world’s first AMOLED display with a 120HZ refresh rate. Furthermore, this smartphone has a response time of 1ms. Lastly, ASUS has relied on the under-display fingerprint scanner for biometric authentication.
Undoubtedly, ASUS ROG Phone 2 offers exceptionally great performance. This smartphone is powered by the recently announced Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. In addition to that, this smartphone comes with 12GB RAM and 512GB UFS 3.0 storage. ASUS has also included 3D vapor chamber to overcome heating and prevent throttling during long gaming sessions.
ASUS ROG Phone 2 Specifications
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ 120Hz OLED HDR display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Processor
- 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI custom skin
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera
- 24MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
Unlike other Android smartphones, the ASUS ROG Phone 2 allows the users to choose either stock Android or ROG UI while setting up the smartphone. As for audio, this gaming smartphone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack to reduce latency while playing games.
Additionally, there are four microphones on this smartphone. Consequently, no matter how you hold your smartphone your voice while chatting with other players or while streaming will be clear. The massive 6000mAh battery on this smartphone can easily last a day of heavy to moderate gaming. ASUS claims that this smartphone can offer 10 hours of non-stop PUBG gameplay.
The ROG Phone 2 supports a plethora of accessories like AeroActive Cooler II, Aero Case, TwinView Dock II, ROG Kunai Gamepad, Mobile Desktop Dock, Pro Dock, WiGig Display Dock Plus and ROG Lighting Armor Case.
Overall, the ROG Phone 2 is a feature-packed smartphone and it’s dedicated to smartphone gamers. Infact, the ROG Phone 2 outperforms flagship smartphones like OnePlus 7 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10+, and many more in regards to gaming performance.
Pricing And Availability
The ASUS ROG Phone 2 will be available in the matte black colour variant. This smartphone will launch in China on 23rd July. While the global variant of this smartphone will be launched by the first week of September.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.