- Samsung's first foldable smartphone
- Available from April 26
- It is priced at $1980
On Thursday, Samsung launched its ‘Samsung Galaxy Fold’ smartphone at an event held in San Francisco, California. The Galaxy Fold was launched along with Galaxy S10 Series which includes three smartphones — Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e.
The company also launched its first 5G smartphone ‘Galaxy S10 5G‘.
The main highlights of this smartphone are 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display, a 3D depth camera, 8GB RAM and 4,500mAh battery. It is Samsung’s first foldable smartphone which comes with two display — first 7.3-inch Infinity Flex display and second 4.6-inch.
Samsung Galaxy Fold: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy Fold price is $1,980 (roughly Rs. 1,41,300). It will come in Green, Blue, Silver and Black colour.
- It will be available for purchase on April 26 in selcted countries.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Samsung Galaxy Fold: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy Fold sports a dual screen, first 7.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex Display with 4.2:3 aspect ratio and 1536×2152 pixels resolution and second 4.6-inch Super AMOLED Display with 21:9 aspect ratio and 840×1960 pixels resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of OneUI, the phone runs on 2.8GHz 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU (2.7GHz 8nm Exynos 9820 processor with Mali-G76 GPU in some regions like India — processor is not confimed it is expected to be any of these two). It comes with 12GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP wide-angle sensor with f/1.5/2.4 variable aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 16MP ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
Inside the flex display, there is dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 10MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture and the second camera includes a 3D depth sensor with hQVGA resolution.
On the front, there is 10MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has an LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 3.0 512GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G (expected), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, heart rate sensor, RGB light sensor and ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor (fingerrpint sensor not confimed). Samsung Galaxy Fold battery capacity is 4,380mAh. The measures and weight not revealed.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display.
- Dynamic AMOLED display comes with a peak brightness of 1,200 nits.
- Dynamic AMOLED display is the world’s first HDR10+ certified displays.
- Display features include blue light reduction, improved colour accuracy and outdoor visibility.
- Galaxy Fold’s folding mechanism works as intended, the company has given the phone a robust backbone in the form of a sophisticated hinge, which uses interlocking gears. This hinge is cleverly hidden in the body of the phone and is not visible at all on the outside, helping the phone keep its elegant look.
- It is IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.
- App Continuity feature for seamless transition from the smaller screen to the larger and vice versa.