- First 5G smartphone from the company
- It will be available in spring this year
- Pricing is not reveal yet
On Thursday, Samsung launched its ‘Samsung Galaxy S10 5G’ smartphone at an event held in San Francisco, California. The Galaxy S10 5G was another add-on to Galaxy S10 Series which was also launched at the event and includes three smartphones — Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10e.
The company also launched its first foldable display smartphone ‘Galaxy Fold‘.
The main highlights of this smartphone are largest Infinity Display (6.7-inches Infinity-O Display), a 3D depth camera, 8GB RAM and 4,500mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G price is not revealed by the company. It will come in Prism White colour.
- It will be available for purchase via Verizon later this ‘Summer’ in the US.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G sports a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and QHD+ (1440×3040 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of OneUI, the phone runs on 2.8GHz 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU (2.7GHz 8nm Exynos 9820 processor with Mali-G76 GPU in some regions like India). It comes with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Single-SIM (nano).
In optics, there is a quad rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP 77-degree wide-angle sensor with f/1.7/2.4 variable aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 45-degree telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture, the third camera includes a 16MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the fouth camera includes a 3D depth sensor with hQVGA resolution.
On the front, there is dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 10MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture and the second camera includes a 3D depth sensor with hQVGA resolution. The phone has an LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 3.0 256GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G (Sub-6GHz / mmWave 28GHz, 39GHz), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, heart rate sensor, RGB light sensor and ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor. Samsung Galaxy S10 5G battery capacity is 4,500mAh with the support of 25W super fast charging and fast wireless charging 2.0. The measures 162.6×77.1×7.94mm and weighs 198 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display.
- Dynamic AMOLED display comes with a peak brightness of 1,200 nits and a pixel density of 505ppi.
- Dynamic AMOLED display is the world’s first HDR10+ certified displays.
- Display features include blue light reduction, improved colour accuracy and outdoor visibility.
- World’s first smartphone with ‘Ultrasonic In-Display Fingerprint sensor’ and according to the company, it is the most advanced embedded fingerprint scanning method.
- It comes with support of 5G network, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (WiFi 6) and Dolby Atmos for Gaming.
- Wired 25W Super fast charging support.
- Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 which is said to be 30 percent faster than the previous generation, compatible with WPC and PMA standards.
- Wireless PowerShare (can be said as reverse wireless charging also) which allows users to charge other Qi Wireless charging devices – such as the new Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch Active, or other Qi-compatible smartphones).
- It is IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.
- AI-powered performance in which the software preloads commonly used apps, recommends Bixby routines based on usage and has an Adaptive Power feature that optimises battery life based on user behaviour.
- Rear Camera features include Video Live focus, capturing 3D images, 2PD autofocus, variable aperture, Dual-OIS, 0.5x-2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom, ultra-wide angle shot and dedicated Instagram Mode.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.