On Tuesday, Huawei launched its new smartphone, ‘Huawei P30 Pro’ at an event held in Paris. The smartphone is the successor of Huawei P20 Pro which was launched last year. Along with P30 Pro, the company also launched the non-pro variant — Huawei P30.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a Curved OLED display, quad rear camera setup, Kirin 980 SoC, 8GB RAM and 4,200 mAh battery.
According to Huawei, P30 and P30 Pro are “most advanced camera smartphones till date”. The company also launched FreeLace and FreeBuds earbuds in the same event.
Huawei P30 Pro: Price, Sale Date
- Huawei P30 Pro price is EUR 999 (roughly Rs. 77,820) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, EUR 1099 (roughly Rs. 85,610) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant and EUR 1249 (roughly Rs. 95,270) for the 8GB RAM/512GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting today i.e March 26 in Paris. It will come in Black, Amber Sunrise, Aurora, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colour options.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
- The company has already listed the 128GB storage version in Breathing Crystal or Aurora colour options on the Indian website, so we can expect it to launch in India soon.
Huawei P30 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Huawei P30 Pro sports a 6.47-inch Curved OLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.1, the phone runs on 2.6GHz 7nm octa-core Kirin 980 processor with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. It comes with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a Leica quad rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 40MP Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor with f/1.6 aperture, the second camera includes a 20MP ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/3.4 aperture and the fourth camera includes a Time-of-Flight (TOF) depth sensor.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash, Colour Temperature sensor and Flicker sensor on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB/512GB internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, hall sensor, infrared sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Huawei P30 Pro battery capacity is 4,200mAh with the support of 40W Huawei Super Charge tech fast charging and 15W fast wireless charging. The handset measures 158×73.4×8.41mm and weighs 192 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ Curved OLED HDR display with DCI-P3 colour gamut.
- It has gradient glass back with Amber Sunrise, Aurora, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colour options except for Black colour option which is without gradient.
- Camera features include OIS, AIS (Artificial Intelligence Stabilisation), Portrait Against Backlight, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom.
- Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor is RYYB sensor which is RED-YELLOW-YELLOW-BLACK.
- The 8MP camera sensor captures 5x loss-less zoom shots with a periscope.
- It can capture low light photos with up to ISO 409600.
- AI HDR+ to optimise overexposed and backlit selfies.
- Super Portrait Mode that combines depth information, 4-in-1 pixel binning and proprietary algorithms to enhance image results.
- Dual-View Video mode that is designed to record wide-angle and closeup view simultaneously
- The smartphone scored 112 overall points and 119 points in photo DxOMark scores which beats all other flagship smartphones.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
- HUAWEI Acoustic Display Technology that uses electromagnetic sound levitation to project sound from the vibrations in the display to your ear.
- Kirin 980 packs two neural processing units (NPUs) to help in machine learning tasks, including faster image recognition.
- 40W HUAWEI Super Charge tech which can charge the smartphone up to 70 percent within 30 minutes, claimed by the company.
- Reverse wireless charging which can charge other Qi wireless-enabled smartphone.
- It packs a graphene film cooling system to manage the heat.
- Dolby Atmos support.