On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new smartphone, ‘Galaxy M40’ in India. The smartphone is part of the ‘Galaxy M series’ which already includes Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M30, launched earlier this year.
The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ Infinity-O Display, Triple Rear Camera Setup, Snapdragon 675 SoC, 3750mAh Battery and much more. It is the first smartphone in this price segment to come with “Screen Sound” technology which enables the display to produce the audio vibrations without requiring the earpiece. It also lacks the 3.5mm headphone jack, however, the company bundled USB Type-C earphones in-the-box.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of this smartphone are Infinity-O Display and Screen Sound technology.
Samsung Galaxy M40: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Samsung Galaxy M40 price in India is Rs. 19,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon and Samsung Online shop starting June 18 at 12PM-noon.
- Launch offers include:
- Cashback worth Rs. 3,750 in the form of 50 Rs. 75 vouchers for Vodafone and Idea customers (valid on Rs. 255 plan).
- Additional 0.5GB data for Vodafone and Idea customers (valid on Rs. 255 plan).
- Double data benefits at 4GB data per day on Jio (valid on Rs. 198 plan).
- 100 percent extra benefits at 4GB per day and 6GB per day on Airtel (valid on Rs. 249 and Rs. 349 plans).
Samsung Galaxy M40: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy M40 sports a 6.3-inch Infinity-O LCD Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Samsung One UI, the phone runs on 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 675 processor with Adreno 612 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple camera setup, the first camera includes a 32MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture, the second camera includes a 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes an 8MP 123-degree ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front (embedded inside Infinity-O display panel), there is a 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage with microSD support upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C Audio and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Samsung Galaxy M40 battery capacity is 3500mAh with the support of 15W fast charging. The handset measures 155.2×73.9×7.9mm and weighs 169 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ Infinity-O (Puch-Hole) display with 91 percent screen-to-body ratio, 480 nits of brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- It has a polycarbonate gradient back.
- Rear camera features include AI scene optimizer, 4k video recording, Slow-motion video recording and Hyperlapse video recording.
- Audio features include USB Type-C audio.
- Screen Sound Technology.
Author’s Opinion will be available soon. Keep watching this space.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.