The Government of India decided to ban 59 apps such as TikTok and UC Browser last month. The apps were considered harmful as they were reported to capture user data and transfer them to various locations outside the country.
Amongst the apps banned by the Government include Clean Master which was very popular for removing the cache of the smartphone. This app is also preinstalled in various Chinese smartphone brands such as Xiaomi and Realme.
The app has been removed from the play store but is still installed and users are unable to remove the app from their devices. The most common method to remove the app is to root the phone and put a custom ROM in place and remove such preinstalled apps. But it is not a very convenient process and users often refrain from doing so.
But there is a way you can remove such apps without rooting your phone.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Install ADB on your smartphone. To do so, download the files from this Google Drive Link.
- Now make sure you are a developer on your smartphone. To do so go to Settings and then tap on the About Phone option. There find where the version of the device is written and tap it multiple times until you see the message ‘You are now a developer’
- Now in the Settings, you will find a new option of Developer Options. Tap on that and then in the new menu search for the USB Debugging option.
- Turn ON the USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. On your smartphone select the phone to Transfer Files mode.
- To check your phone is correctly connected to PC open command or Terminal prompt and type adb devices and press enter. If you get a message like in the screenshot below then you are good to proceed or else try again the above steps.
- Now type adb shell and press enter key. Now your device’s codename will appear on your PC’s screen.
- Based on your smartphone manufacturer, run the command corresponding to the maker of your phone.
- For Xiaomi Users : pm uninstall -k ––user 0 com.miui.cleanmaster
- For Realme Users : pm uninstall -k ––user 0 com.coloros.phonemanager
This will remove Clean Master from your Xiaomi and Realme devices.
Disclaimer: PaidFreeDroid is not responsible for any kind of damage happening to your device while doing this.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.