Indian intelligence agencies have requested the government to ban or warn people to avoid using 52 Chinese apps due to fears that these apps are not secure and they end up collecting and sending huge amounts of data outside India.
The list of applications submitted to the government by the agency includes the video conferencing application Zoom, short video social media application TikTok, and other apps like UC Browser, SHAREit, Clean-master, etc.
Also Read: How to Actually Boycott China
As per the Hindustan Times report, a senior government official also said the National Security Council Secretariat had backed the intelligence agencies’ recommendations against these Chinese applications, which felt the applications could be damaging to the security of the country.
List of Chinese Apps that are red-flagged by Indian Intelligence Agencies:
All 52 of these apps are currently available on Google’s Play Store and the iOS App Store.
- TikTok, Vault-Hide, Vigo Video, Bigo Live, Weibo
- BeautyPlus, Xender, ClubFactory, Helo, LIKE
- APUS Browser, VivaVideo- QU Video Inc
- WeChat, SHAREit, UC News, UC Browser
- Mi Community, DU recorder, YouCam Makeup
- Kwai, ROMWE, SHEIN, NewsDog, Photo Wonder
- Mi Store, 360 Security, DU Battery Saver, DU Browser
- Perfect Corp, CM Browser, Virus Cleaner (Hi Security Lab)
- CacheClear DU apps studio, Baidu Translate, Baidu Map
- DU Cleaner, DU Privacy, Clean Master – Cheetah
- QQ Mail, QQ NewsFeed, WeSync, SelfieCity, Clash of Kings
- Wonder Camera, ES File Explorer, QQ International
- QQ Launcher, QQ Security Centre, QQ Player, QQ Music
- Mail Master, Mi Video call-Xiaomi, Parallel Space
We at PaidFreeDroid recommend our readers to uninstall all apps which are mentioned in the above list.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.