On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new smartphone, ‘Galaxy A80’ at an event held in Thailand. The smartphone is a part of the new & improved ‘Galaxy-A series’. The new Galaxy A series includes Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30 and Galaxy A50 which are already launched in India. There is also Galaxy A40 which is available in Netherlands only.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a 20:9 aspect-ratio Super AMOLED display, Rotating Camera, Snapdragon 730G SoC, 8GB RAM and 3,700 mAh battery.
At the same launch event, the company also announced the availability of the Samsung Galaxy A70 that it had launched last week. It will go on sale from April 26, in Black, Blue, Coral, and White colour variants.
Samsung Galaxy A80: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy A80 price is EUR 649 (roughly Rs. 50,600) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Angel Gold, Ghost White, and Phantom Black colour option. The Angel Ghost and Ghost White will have pearlescent effects.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase from May 29 in Asia, Australia, China, Europe, Hong Kong, Middle East, New Zealand, and Russia.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
Samsung Galaxy A80: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy A80 sports a 6.7-inch New Infinity Super AMOLED Display with 20:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of stock One UI, the phone runs on 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 730G processor with Adreno 618 GPU. It comes with 8GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a Rotating Camera setup which is used both as rear as well as front camera, the first camera includes a 48MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.0 aperture and the third camera includes a 3D depth sensor. The phone has LED flash.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, IR sensor, electronic compass and in-display fingerprint sensor. Samsung Galaxy A80 battery capacity is 3700mAh with the support of 25W fast charging. The handset measures 165.2×76.5×9.3mm and weighs 180 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ New Infinity Super AMOLED Display.
- It has a 3D Glass body with a metal frame.
- The Angel Ghost and Ghost White colour options will have pearlescent effects in which colours look different depending on light direction and reflection — Angel Gold colour includes elements of pink and Ghost White option combines some blue characteristics.
- It features a rotating camera module – when users select the selfie mode in the camera app, the three cameras automatically pop-up from the back of the phone and rotate.
- 3D Depth camera for Live Focus by scanning objects for measurement and depth.
- Other camera features include Super Steady video mode, Scene Optimizer for 30 scenes detection and Flaw Detection.
- ‘Intelligent battery’ feature that learns the user’s routine to optimise battery life.
- Performance Enhancer feature that uses AI for performance optimisation.
- Samsung features include Bixby, Samsung Pay, Samsung Health, and Samsung Knox.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- IR sensor.
- 25W fast charging.
- Dolby Atmos Support.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.