On Tuesday, Huawei launched its new smartphone, ‘Huawei P30’ at an event held in Paris. The smartphone is the successor of Huawei P20 which was launched last year. Along with P30, the company also launched the pro variant — Huawei P30 Pro.
The main highlights of this smartphone are an OLED display, triple rear camera setup, Kirin 980 SoC, 6GB RAM and 3,650 mAh battery.
According to Huawei, P30 and P30 Pro are “most advanced camera smartphones till date”. The company also launched FreeLace and FreeBuds earbuds in the same event.
Huawei P30: Price, Sale Date
- Huawei P30 price is EUR 799 (roughly Rs. 62,200) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting today i.e March 26 in Paris. It will come in Black, Amber Sunrise, Aurora, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colour options.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
- It is not expected to launch in India as only P30 Pro is only listed on the company’s Indian website.
Huawei P30: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Huawei P30 sports a 6.1-inch OLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.1, the phone runs on 2.6GHz 7nm octa-core Kirin 980 processor with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. It comes with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a Leica triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 40MP Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 16MP ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash, Laser Transmitter and Laser Receiver on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, hall sensor, infrared sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Huawei P30 battery capacity is 3,650mAh with the support of 40W Huawei Super Charge tech fast charging. The handset measures 149.1×71.36×7.57mm and weighs 165 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ OLED HDR display with DCI-P3 colour gamut.
- It has gradient glass back with Amber Sunrise, Aurora, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colour options except for Black colour option which is without gradient.
- Camera features include OIS, AIS (Artificial Intelligence Stabilisation), Portrait Against Backlight, 3x optical zoom.
- Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor is RYYB sensor which is RED-YELLOW-YELLOW-BLACK.
- The 8MP camera sensor captures 3x loss-less zoom shots with a periscope.
- It can capture low light photos with up to ISO 204800.
- AI HDR+ to optimise overexposed and backlit selfies.
- Laser Transmitter and Laser Receiver at the back for an enhanced focus.
- Super Portrait Mode that combines depth information, 4-in-1 pixel binning and proprietary algorithms to enhance image results.
- Dual-View Video mode that is designed to record wide-angle and closeup view simultaneously.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- IP53 ratings for dust and water resistance.
- Kirin 980 packs two neural processing units (NPUs) to help in machine learning tasks, including faster image recognition.
- 40W HUAWEI Super Charge tech.
- It packs a graphene film cooling system to manage the heat.
- Dolby Atmos support.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.