Qualcomm, the world’s largest mobile chipset manufacturer announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G, the company’s latest flagship 5G chipset officially last night. The announcement was made at the Qualcomm Snapdragon Tech Summit 2020 digital event. This latest flagship chipset is going to be the SoC to power several upcoming flagships from several bands.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G Chipset Specifications And Features
The chipset will be integrated with the 3rd generation Qualcomm Snapdragon X60 5G modem which is said to enable global compatibility by offering mmWave and sub-6 across all major bands worldwide. It also supports the 5G carrier apart from several other connectivity features such as global multi-SIM, stand-alone, non-standalone, and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing.
The SoC from Qualcomm also uses the 6th generation Qualcomm AI Engine that comes with a re-engineered Qualcomm Hexagon processor which will be offering 26 Tera Operations Per Second (TOPS) AI performance. It also makes use of the 2nd generation Qualcomm Sensing Hub for lower-power always-on AI processing for intuitive and intelligent features.
The number 8 has represented our premium tier for over a decade — and this platform is the epitome of premium. It’s our most advanced platform EVER, and it’s kicking off a new era for mobile Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager of mobile, compute and infrastructure at Qualcomm Technologies.
The chipset also uses the 3rd generation of Snapdragon Elite Gaming which is said to be a very significant upgrade in Qualcomm Adreno GPU performance. Moreover, the change in chipset will also help the cameras as it uses the latest Qualcomm Spectra ISP which will enable the phone to 2.7 gigapixels per second or roughly 120 photos at 12MP resolution which is approximately up to 35% faster than the previous generation.
Upcoming Phones To Use Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G
- The upcoming Asus ROG phone being a game device will be making use of the latest chipset.
- Xiaomi’s next flagship device Mi 11 is claimed to be one of the first phones to be released running on this SoC.
- Oppo’s flagship series, Oppo Find X latest device said to launch in the 1st quarter or 2021 will also use this SoC.
- OnePlus will also be releasing its latest flagship device powered by this chipset.
- Realme will also be joining this bandwagon and its upcoming smartphone which has been codenamed ‘Race’ will also likely use this processor.
- Nubia RedMagic Z series smartphone is also going to be the first phone to use this chipset amongst Nubia devices.
- LG has also said its phone to launch in 2021 will be having Snapdragon 888 SoC.
- Vivo and its sub-brand iQOO will also have smartphones using this chipset launched in 2021
- Black Shark is also amongst the list of companies to be the first to launch a phone powered by this chipset.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.