On Monday, ZTE-owned Nubia launched its new gaming smartphone, ‘Nubia Red Magic 3’ at an event held in China. The smartphone is the successor of Red Magic 2 which was launched last year.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a 90Hz HDR AMOLED display, Snapdragon 855 SoC, Active Liquid Cooling and 5,000 mAh battery.
This is the world’s first smartphone with Active cooling system. The company said, “While other gaming phones rely on passive cooling, the Red Magic 3 pairs state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology with an internal turbo fan, increasing effective heat transfer by 500%. This groundbreaking thermal design improves comfort and boosts performance for a smoother, more comfortable gaming experience.”
Along with the smartphone, the company also launched case covers and a few gaming accessories.
Nubia Red Magic 3: Price, Sale Date
- Nubia Red Magic 3 price is CNY 2899 (roughly Rs. 30,100) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant, CNY 3199 (roughly Rs. 33,200) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, CNY 3499 (roughly Rs. 33,350) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and CNY 4299 (roughly Rs. 44,600) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Nubia website and JD.com starting May 3 in China.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced. The company confirmed that it will launch in India soon but the date is not announced.
Nubia Red Magic 3: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Nubia Red Magic 3 sports a 6.65-inch HDR AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of stock RedMagic OS 2.0, the phone runs on 2.84GHz 7nm octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a 48MP Sony IMX 576 sensor with f/1.75 aperture at the back. On the front, there is a 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has Dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, electronic compass and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Nubia Red Magic 3 battery capacity is 5000mAh with the support of 27W fast charging. The handset measures 171.7×78.5×9.65mm and weighs 215 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch refresh rate and 30 nits of brightness.
- Camera features include 8K video recording and 1920 FPS slow-motion video recording.
- An active cooling system that is second-generation ICE liquid cooling and an actual fan that lowers the phone temperature with 16 degrees Celsius.
- Red Magic Game Space 2.0, a gaming-focused dashboard in which you can organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications for uninterrupted gaming, record in-game videos, and more.
- Touch-sensitive shoulder triggers which provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory.
- 4D customizable vibrations support.
- Red Magic’s light effects editor in which you can also customize RGB lighting with several effects and over 16.8 million colours.
- Audio features include Dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound technologies that create a cinematic soundscape, with or without headphones.
- 27W fast charging.