On Thursday, Asus launched its new flagship smartphone, ‘Zenfone 8’ in global markets. The smartphone is completely different from its predecessor because of its small form factor and not having a motorized flip camera. It is also the first phone from the company which has IP68 Water and Dust Resistant rating.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Full-HD+ 120Hz AMOLED display, Dual Rear Camera, Up to 16GB RAM and 4000mAh Battery.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 5G support and 120Hz display.
Alongside this smartphone, the company also launched Zenfone 8 Flip with a motorized flip camera.
Asus ZenFone 8: Price, Sale Date
- U.S.: ZenFone 8 price is $599 (approx. Rs. 44,000) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, $799 (approx. Rs. 58,800) for the 16GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- Europe: ZenFone 8 price is EUR 599 (approx. Rs. 53,200) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, EUR 799 (approx. Rs. 71,000) for the 16GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- It comes in Obsidian Black and Horizon Silver colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase soon in Europe and before July in the U.S>(exact date not revealed).
- Availability and price in India are yet to be revealed (May 12 launch postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis).
Asus ZenFone 8: Specifications and Features
ZenFone 8 sports a 5.9-inch AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+ and Full-HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 11 on the top of ZenUI 8, the phone runs on octa-core 5nm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU. It comes in 6GB/8GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX363 ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a 12MP Sony IMX663 sensor. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB (UFS 2.1)/128GB (UFS 3.1)/256GB (UFS 3.1) internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 6E, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS+GLONASS+Beidou and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, angle sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor.
ZenFone 8 battery capacity is 4000mAh with support of 30W QC4 fast charging. The handset measures 148×68.5x9mm and weighs 169 grams.
- Full-HD+ Samsung E4 AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 112% DCI-P3, up to 1100 nits of brightness, 445 PPI pixel density.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
- Frosted glass back.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include 4-axis OIS, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, 4k ultra-wide, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
- FM radio.
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant.
- Audio features include Dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 amplifier, Hi-Res Audio, and Triple microphones with OZO Audio Zoom and ASUS Noise Reduction Technology.
- Dedicated SmartKey on the side of smartphone which can be triggered for three different actions.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.