On Thursday, Asus launched its new flagship smartphone, ‘Zenfone 8 Flip’. The smartphone is the successor of last year’s Zenfone 7.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Full-HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display, Triple Flip Camera Setup, 8GB RAM and 5000mAh Battery.
To recall, the company launched the ZenFone 7 Series last year with the motorized triple flip camera. Now, the successor comes with the same motorized triple flip camera which includes 64MP main sensor, 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensor and 8MP telephoto sensor. The flip camera can capture photos and videos while it is in motion.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 5G support and Flip Camera.
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip: Price, Availability
- ZenFone 8 Flip price is EUR 799 (approx. Rs. 71,000) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- It comes in Galactic Black and Glacial Silver colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase soon in Europe (exact date not revealed).
- Availability and price in India are yet to be revealed (May 12 launch postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis).
Asus ZenFone 8 Flip: Specifications and Features
ZenFone 8 Flip sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+ and Full-HD+ (2400×1080 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 11 on the top of ZenUI 8, the phone runs on octa-core 5nm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU. It comes in 8GB LPDDR5 RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a motorized flip camera setup which works both as rear and front camera — the first camera includes a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX363 ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with 3x optical zoom, up to 12x digital zoom. The phone has a LED flash on the camera module.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.1) internal storage and expandable up to 2TB via microSD. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax 6E, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS+GLONASS+Beidou and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, angle sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor.
ZenFone 8 Flip battery capacity is 5000mAh with support of 30W QC4 fast charging. The handset measures 165.04×77.28×9.6mm and weighs 230 grams.
- Full-HD+ Samsung AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 200Hz touch sampling rate, DC dimming, 110% DCI-P3, 105% NTSC color gamut, 700 nits of brightness.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- Glossy finish back with Dual-layer optical coating.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, 4k ultra-wide, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps.
- 3x optical zoom and 12x digital zoom with 8MP telephoto camera.
- 4cm macro mode with 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensor.
- Audio features include USB Type-C Audio, 5-magnet Stereo Speakers (dual NXP), Hi-Res Audio, TFA9874 smart amplifier and Triple microphones (ASUS Noise Reduction Technology).
- Dedicated SmartKey on the side of smartphone which can be triggered for three different actions.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.