Xiaomi had launched the MIUI 12 in India back in August last year. The official skin for Xiaomi and Redmi devices is often criticized for coming with a lot of bloatware and ads. But not only have they worked on it but also given few other features for the users to play around with. The MIUI is known for providing several features with some working well for the customers while others not so much. But today we will look at some of the interesting hidden features in the MIUI 12.
This feature is something we are already familiar with in some way by the name of Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode. But in this skin, this feature has been expanded making the usage of this feature to almost all apps to ease the process of multitasking. Users can use the app in the pop-up window just like normal while performing other functions on the different apps open in full screen.
To use Floating Windows, all you have to do is:
- Opening the recent apps by swiping up from the bottom center of the screen.
- Then tapping on the Floating Window option present on the top left of the display.
- You will see a list of apps that can be used in this feature. Tap on any app you wish to use as a Floating Window.
- Now the app appears as a small window that can be resized and moved based on your use.
Also, there is another way to access this feature. For it just simply pull down the notifications shade and then find and tap on the Floating Windows shortcut and use this feature.
New Clock Styles In MIUI 12
Xiaomi has added new clock faces and styles with the MIUI 12. These new clock faces are the ones that you see on the lock screen of your display. To change it follow these steps:
- Open settings and find and tap on Lock Screen.
- Here, find the Lock Screen Clock Format and open it.
- Now select any of the available styles and apply them.
Xiaomi has long been criticized for its poor privacy measures and the risk the users using the devices take. But in the last few UI’s, the brand has made an effort to address this concern. In terms of permissions that several apps take, Xiaomi has now introduced a single command center to keep a tab of all the permissions that you have given to every app on your device. To check it out, you have to:
- Open settings and there find and open the Privacy Protection option.
- Here, you can see an overview of permissions given to apps. But you can tap on All Permissions to see all the permissions given to every app on the phone. You can also turn on or off permissions for each app from here.
- Now you will be able to check which apps get Special permissions like Do Not Disturb access, Notification access, and Unrestricted data access.
Xiaomi has improved the Dark Mode further using the MIUI 12. There is a system-wide Dark Mode offered and users also have the option to select the apps which get to use dark mode. This can be done through the More Dark mode options.
To enable and configure the Dark Mode, you have to:
- Open the phone’s settings followed by Display.
- Here click on Dark Mode and enable the Dark Mode from there.
Customizations In The Camera App
MIUI 12 comes with several customizations in the camera app of the brand. For example, if users don’t like the bunched-up additional camera modes in the More tab. Further settings can be changed by following these steps:
- Open the default Camera app on the phone.
- Go to Camera settings then Customise and then Camera modes.
- Now you can choose here how you want to arrange the additional camera modes.
Further changes can be made in the Customise menu:
- Here tap on the Feature layout to change the order of camera features on the bottom of the UI.
- You can further select the color scheme of your Camera app by going to the Colors option.
- Moreover, you can also customize the camera shutter sound from the Sounds setting here.
Adjusting Background Blur In Photos
We are already familiar with portrait mode wherein the background of an image gets blurred. This can be done by tapping on that little aperture icon. Using MIUI 12 you can also change the background blur after having clicked the photo. To do so, you have to:
- Open the Gallery app on your phone.
- Tap on the tiny aperture icon present in the portrait photo.
- Now here you can change the blur of the image by dragging the slider.
Listening To YouTube In Background For Free Through MIUI 12
If you have YouTube premium you already are familiar with using YouTube in the background. With this feature in the MIUI 12, you can listen to something on YouTube by playing it in the background while doing something else on the phone. To do this all you need to do is:
- Open Settings and then Special Features in the list.
- Here enable the Video Toolbox option.
- Provide it with the permissions to the apps that you want to run while the phone is locked.
New And Improved Ultra Battery Saving Mode Introduced In MIUI 12
Xiaomi devices have had a battery saving mode for quite some time, but Ultra Battery Saving is a new feature introduced in the MIUI 12. Other brands did have this feature for quite some time now but Xiaomi has finally introduced this feature with this latest OS update.
To enable this feature, users have to just go to Settings followed by Battery and there enable the Ultra battery saver. Users can also enable this feature simply through the Notification Shade on their devices.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.