With the launch of Android 11, Samsung is also rolling out the One UI 3.0 updates for its smartphones. The update is currently live only in public beta that too in Korea and the U.S only. But a stable update can be expected to be launched by the brand very soon. The Beta update is limited to only Samsung Galaxy S20 and Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series smartphones.
How To Enroll For The One UI 3.0 Beta?
To enroll in the One UI 3.0 Beta all you need to do is go to the Samsung Members App, then click on the One UI 3.0 beta banner, and finally confirm the registration. After this, you will be able to download the One UI 3.0 beta build based on your Samsung smartphone.
The One UI 3.0 Beta is so far only for users having the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Note 20, or Note 20 Ultra devices only. Also, the beta has been launched for users living only in The US and Korea for the time being.
What’s New In The One UI 3.0 Beta?
The One UI 3.0 is the skin for Samsung devices for Android 11 based smartphones. Samsung has added several new features and also made some changes to existing features for enhanced usability. Some of the features added include Conversations view that was added in the Android 11, persistent media player, device usage trends in Digital Wellbeing, auto-focus and camera improvements, and much more.
- Upon touching and holding any app icon, any associated widgets can also be checked and added.
- By double-tapping anywhere on the screen, the screen of the device can be turned off. This can be managed from Settings -> Advanced Features -> Motions and Gestures.
- Improvements in Lock Screen WIdgets.
- The Dynamic lock screen now comes with more categories and users can make select multiple selections.
- Improvements have been made in Auto-Focus and auto-exposure functionality and usability.
- The stability when taking pictures of the moon at high zoom levels has been also increased.
- The maximum number of allowed open tabs has been increased to 99.
- An option to hide the status bar while browsing has been added for a more immersive experience.
- Users can now block websites from redirecting them to other pages by tapping the Back button.
- Menus have been rearranged to make things easier to find.
- Users can now reorder and lock tabs.
- Conversations and media can also be seen more conveniently in sections that can be accessed upon swiping down from the top of the screen.
AOD (Always On Display)
- Widgets for Always On Display have been improved.
Digital Wellbeing And Parental Controls
- Apart from checking daily usage statistics, now even weekly data can be tracked along with trends in weekly reports with an ability to compare the statistics from previous weeks as well.
- In the weekly report, there is an addition of phone usage time while driving.
- A lock-screen widget is added to track all the usage information without even opening the device.
- Addition of profiles for personal and work modes making it easier to track screen time separately.
- During device setup, users can set up quick access to the most important accessibility settings along with recommendations for accessibility features based on the usage of the user.
- Accessibility shortcut can also be created in settings.
- Sound detectors will now also work with SmartThings devices such as TVs and lights after this update.
- Keyboard settings can now be found easily also under the General Management in settings with the settings have also been reorganized sorting them based on importance.
- It will now allow users to connect to supported TVs wirelessly.
- A new touchpad has been introduced allowing users to change screen zoom and font size more easily.
- Events with the same start time are now shown together in the month and agenda view.
- Reorganized options for adding and editing events.
- The layout has been improved for full-screen alerts.
Contacts & Phone
- An option has been added to help users quickly delete duplicate contacts.
- The search experience has been enhanced.
Phone/ Call Background
- An ability to customize the call screen with the user’s own pictures and videos has been added.
- Created a Trash bin to store recently deleted messages.
Call & Text On Other Devices
- Added the ability to turn Call & text on other devices on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Grouped preset routines helping users to get started quickly and also learn how to build their own routines quickly.
- Users can now see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New conditions have been added, such as a specific start time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi network, a call from a specific number, and more.
- New actions have been added, including talking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- Users can also add a customized icon for each routine and add routines to the Lock screen for quick access.
- An ability to revert any edited pictures to their original form has been added.
Which Devices To Get The Update And When?
The current Beta version of the One UI 3.0 update is limited to just Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 20 series devices only. But the final version of the OS will be rolled out to several Samsung devices in phases. Moreover, the S20 series is the only device series expected to get the update by the end of this year.
Below is the complete list of all the Samsung devices to get the update with the expected timeline of the same:
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S7
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy M31
- Galaxy M30s
- Galaxy M21
- Galaxy A50
- Galaxy M51
- Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy A80
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy A70
- Galaxy A31
- Galaxy A21s
- Galaxy Tab A
- Galaxy A11
- Galaxy A01
- Galaxy A01 Core
- Galaxy M11
- Galaxy Tab S5e
- Galaxy A30
- Galaxy Tab Active Pro
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1
- Galaxy A30s
- Galaxy A20s
- Galaxy A20
- Galaxy A10s
- Galaxy A10
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.