On Thursday, Samsung has finally revealed the Indian pricing of the much awaited Galaxy Z Fold 2. The smartphone was launched last month in Galaxy Unpacked 2020 Event. The pricing of the latest foldable is comparatively less than the previous generation but it is still quite high even when compared to the iPhone 11 models.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Dual Displays, Triple Rear Cameras, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865+ SoC and 4500mAh Battery.
The new foldable smartphone looks much like last year’s Galaxy Fold but the punch-hole design is one key change here. There is a punch-hole camera on the cover display and also on the inner display. Even the hinge on the smartphone appears wider, and this time the cover display is bigger as well.
The Hide-Away Hinge features innovative slim cutting technology, improved fibre composition and balanced fibre density with the CAM mechanism, and allows for free-standing capabilities. The enhanced Multi-Active Window allows you to more conveniently and flexibly monitor your screen layout, such as opening several files from the same app at the same time and displaying them side by side, offering enhanced Multi-Window Tray, easier browsing of applications, including Gmail, YouTube or Spotify.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 5G support and Bezel-less Foldable Displays.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2: Price in India, Sale Date, Launch Offers
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 price in India is Rs. 1,49,999 for the sole 12GB/512GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black colour options.
- Pre-order starts September 14 via Samsung.com and other major retail stores.
- Launch offers include:
- No-cost EMI at Samsung Experience Store & Samsung.com for 12 months.
- Free YouTube Premium for four months.
- 22 percent discount on Microsoft Office 365.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has dual displays – the inner main display (foldable) sports a 7.6-inch Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with 120Hz refresh rate, 5:4 aspect ratio, 1768×2208 pixels resolution and the Infinity Flex cover display sports a 6.2-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED Display with 60Hz refresh rate, 25:9 aspect ratio, 816×2260 pixels resolution.
Based on Android 10 on the top of OneUI 2.5, the phone runs on 3.1GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 865+ processor with Adreno 650 GPU. It comes with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+eSIM).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 12MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
On the front (cover display as well as inner display), both include a 10MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G NA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, MST, GPS+GLONASS and USB Type-C 3.2 port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 battery capacity is 4500mAh with support of 25W fast charging and 15W Wireless (WPC & PMA) charging. It is a dual-cell battery with 2250mAh packs on either side of the hinge. The handset measures 68.0×159.2×13.8~16.8mm when folded and 128.2×159.2×6.0~6.9mm when unfolded. It weighs 282 grams.
- Ultra Thin Glass (UTG) incorporated on display for improved image quality.
- Dynamix AMOLED 2X Inner Display with 1Hz to 120Hz automatically adaptable refresh rate.
- Both inner and cover display supports HDR10+.
- Glass back with a matte finish.
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS.
- 3x optical zoom and 30x super-resolution zoom with 12MP periscope camera.
- 25W fast charger included in the box with USB Type-C to USB Type-C Cable.
- Samsung services like Samsung Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
- Wireless Samsung DeX support.
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance.
- Wireless PowerShare to charge other devices wirelessly.
- Audio features include stereo speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos.
- 5G support.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.