Foldable Phones have gained immense hype in 2019. Every major smartphone manufacturer showcased its own variant of a Foldable Phone at MWC this year. That said, Samsung is one among many few companies that have already started selling the first generation Foldable smartphones. Well, Samsung has finally launched the popular Samsung Galaxy Fold.
This futuristic smartphone packs flagship internals and it comes at a hefty price point. If you are planning to become an early adopter of foldable smartphones then the Samsung Galaxy Fold might impress you. So here’s everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Fold.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy A70s With Snapdragon 675 Processor Launched
Samsung Galaxy Fold: Specifications And Features
A Foldable smartphone can be considered as a device that boasts powerful internals and comes with the ability to customize its form-factor as per users preference. Well, the Galaxy Fold does exactly that. This foldable smartphone from Samsung sports a 7.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex Display coupled with a 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED cover display.
The primary smartphone-sized display of these devices is perfect for one-handed usage while the tablet-sized display is perfect for media consumption, reading, and split-screen workflow.
Samsung Galaxy Fold is a flagship smartphone. This smartphone is powered by the Snapdragon 855 and it comes with 12GB of RAM. Consequently, you won’t face any performance-related issues.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Specifications
- 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Foldable smartphones are still a new technology. This new technology is still in its initial stages. Consequently, the first-generation foldable phones are not the perfect devices and if you are planning to become an early adopter of this modern technology it would be a wise decision to wait for the second-generation devices.
Another major reason why foldable phones won’t have many early adopters is the high price tag that these devices are sold at. That said, the technology might become mainstream in the upcoming years and the price tag could also come down.
Pricing And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is available only in Cosmos Black colour variant. This smartphone is priced at Rs. 1,64,999 and it will be available for pre-order in India from October 4, 2019. You can pre-order or buy this smartphone from Samsung’s official online store, Samsung Shop, and offline in 35 cities across select 315 outlets. This smartphone will start shipping starting 20th October.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.