After weeks of speculations, Sony has now officially revealed the pricing and release date of the next-generation PlayStation consoles. This time around, the PlayStation 5 will retail for a price of $499.99 which roughly translates into Rs. 36,885. On the other hand, the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition without the Blu-ray disc drive will be available for $399.99 which roughly translates into Rs. 29,434.
As of now, the official pricing of these consoles for India hasn’t been revealed. However, after taking into consideration the taxes, import duties, and other government charges, we can expect the PS5 to be available in Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 50,000 price range. While the digital edition might be available in Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 price bracket. Starting September 17th the consoles will be available for pre-orders from selected resellers.
ALSO READ: Sony PS5 – Accessories & List of Games
Moreover, the pricing of an extra DualSense Wireless Controller will be $69.99 or around Rs. 5,200. While the Pulse 3D wireless headset will cost $99.99 or around Rs. 7,400.
Now, talking about the release date, PS5 will launch on November 12, and initially, it will be available in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. For the rest of the countries and regions, the console will be available starting November 19. Lastly, the release date in China hasn’t been revealed yet.
PS5, PS5 Digital Edition: Specifications And Features
As you might have guessed by now, unlike Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, there won’t be any hardware differences between PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition. Both these consoles will ship with the exact same internals. Furthermore, PS5 will be the biggest console of all time. It will be approximately 390mm (15.4 inches) tall, 260mm (10.24 inches) deep, and around 104mm (4.09 inches) wide.
- CPU: Custom 8-core AMD Zen 2 CPU @ 3.5GHz with SMT (variable frequency)
- GPU: Custom AMD RDNA 2 GPU 36 CUs @ 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Power: 10.28 teraflops
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- Resolution: 4K @ 60fps, up to 120fps
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive (Not Available On Digital Edition)
You can enjoy 4K gaming on both the versions of PS5. While Xbox Series S only offer 1440P gaming.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.