On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new foldable smartphone, ‘Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2’ in Galaxy Unpacked 2020 Online Event. Technically, It is the successor of Galaxy Fold in terms of design and successor of Galaxy Z Flip in terms of name branding i.e. under Z-series.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Dual Displays, Triple Rear Cameras, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865+ SoC and 4500mAh Battery.
The new foldable smartphone looks much like last year’s Galaxy Fold but the punch-hole design is one key change here. There is a punch-hole camera on the cover display and also on the inner display. Even the hinge on the smartphone appears wider, and this time the cover display is bigger as well.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 5G support and Bezel-less Foldable Displays.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 price is not yet revealed by the company (Will be announced on September 1).
- It will come in Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black colour options. There will be also a Thom Browne Fashion-Focused limited edition.
- Pre-order starts September 1.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has dual displays – the inner display (foldable) sports a 7.6-inch Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with 120Hz refresh rate, 5:4 aspect ratio, 1768×2208 pixels resolution and the cover display sports a 6.2-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED Display with 60Hz refresh rate, 25:9 aspect ratio, 816×2260 pixels resolution.
Based on Android 10 on the top of OneUI 2.1, the phone runs on 3.1GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 865+ processor with Adreno 650 GPU. It comes with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 64MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
On the front (cover display as well as inner display), both include a 10MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G NA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, MST, GPS+GLONASS and USB Type-C 3.2 port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 battery capacity is 4500mAh with support of 25W fast charging and 15W Wireless (WPC & PMA) charging. It is a dual-cell battery with 2250mAh packs on either side of the hinge.
- Ultra Thin Glass (UTG) incorporated on display for improved image quality.
- Dynamix AMOLED 2X Inner Display with 1Hz to 120Hz automatically adaptable refresh rate.
- Both inner and cover display supports HDR10+.
- Glass back with a matte finish.
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS.
- 3x optical zoom and 30x super-resolution zoom with 12MP periscope camera.
- 25W fast charger included in the box with USB Type-C to USB Type-C Cable.
- Samsung services like Samsung Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
- Wireless Samsung DeX support.
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance.
- Wireless PowerShare to charge other devices wirelessly.
- Audio features include stereo speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos.
- 5G support.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.