One of HTC’s oldest smartphone series namely Wildfire is finally making a comeback after eight long years. Today, the latest member of the series i.e. the HTC Wildfire X was launched in India. It is worth noting that this mid-range smartphone isn’t being produced by HTC. Instead, HTC has licensed its branding to InOne Smart Technology, a Chinese manufacturer and the owner of Lava International Ltd.
Well, if you have been scouting for a good mid-range smartphone, then the HTC Wildfire X might impress you. So here’s everything you need to know about the HTC Wildfire X.
HTC Wildfire X: Specifications And Features
HTC Wildfire X is a lower-end mid-range smartphone and it’s being advertised under the HTC brand name. This smartphone sports a complete plastic construction coupled with 3D OPVD mirror finish that makes this smartphone look premium. There’s a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner on this smartphone.
The HTC Wildfire X sports a big 6.22-inch display which is decent for consuming media. The MediaTek Helio P22 processor powers this smartphone. This mid-range smartphone can easily handle regular day to day tasks like phone calls, web-browsing, and social media. While the IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU is perfect for casual gaming. That said, don’t expect this phone to be good at multi-tasking and it can’t handle long gaming sessions as well.
HTC Wildfire X Specifications
- 6.22-inch display with a resolution of 1520 × 720 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor
- 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25um pixel size, LED flash, 8MP camera for 2x Lossless Optical Zoom and 8x Hybrid Zoom, 5MP depth sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera, 86-degree FoV
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11ac , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type C
- 3300mAh battery with 10W charging
This mid-range smartphone has a triple camera setup consisting of a 12-megapixel primary sensor along with a secondary 8-megapixel camera for loss-less 2x optical zoom and 8x Hybrid Zoom. Lastly, there’s a 5-megapixel depth-sensing camera for portrait shots. The 3,300 mAh battery in this smartphone can easily withstand an entire day of heavy usage. Furthermore, the battery life will be better due to the low-resolution display and less power-hungry processor.
Pricing And Availability
The HTC Wildfire X is available in only Sapphire Blue colour variant. The base variant with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage is priced at Rs 9,999. While the variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage costs Rs. 12,999. This smartphone can be purchased from Flipkart starting August 22nd.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.