On Wednesday, Asus launched its new smartphone, ‘Asus 6Z’ at an event held in New Delhi, India. The smartphone is the successor of last year’s Zenfone 5Z. This time the company didn’t use the ‘Zenfone’ branding because Delhi High Court has restrained Asus from selling mobile phones and other products under the trademark ZEN, ZENFONE or any other deceptively similar trademark. To recall, the company launched Asus 6Z as Asus Zenfone 6 in Spain last month.
The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ Display, Flip Camera, Snapdragon 855 SoC, 5000mAh Battery and much more.
It is the first smartphone from the company to come with a flip (rotating) camera. In order to provide notchless display i.e. all-screen front, the company had gone with a flip camera. We have already seen a rotating camera on Samsung Galaxy A80 launched back in April this year but in 6Z the module of the flip camera has a different perspective. The camera module in Samsung’s smartphone has to rise up and then flip whereas in Asus’s smartphone the implementation is very simple i.e. just flip.
The company has also given full control for the flip camera which can be used to capture interesting photos by stopping the flip camera at any angle. In other words, users can control the amount of rotation.
The Flip camera is made from Liquid Metal which is lighter than stainless steel and is 4x stronger. The company also made it durable by testing it for 100,000 times flip rotations, which is equal to 70 selfies a day for 2 years. It also has fall protection which automatically detects and retract the camera module to the original position.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of this smartphone are a NanoEdge IPS LCD display, 48MP Dual Flip Camera, Dedicated Smart Key and 5000mAh Battery.
Asus 6Z: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Asus 6Z price in India is Rs. 31,999 for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant, Rs. 34,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and Rs. 39,999 for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colour options.
- The smartphone will be exclusively available for purchase via Flipkart starting June 26.
- Launch offers include Flipkart Complete Mobile Protection at a discounted price of Rs. 99 (Original Selling Price is Rs. 3,999).
Asus 6Z: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Asus 6Z sports a 6.46-inch NanoEdge IPS LCD Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of near stock ZenUI 6, the phone runs on 2.84GHz octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a Flip Camera setup which is used both as rear as well as front camera, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture and the second camera includes a 13MP 125-degree wide angle sensor with f/2.4 aperture The phone has Dual LED flash and Laser Autofocus.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage with microSD support upto 1TB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Asus 6Z battery capacity is 5000mAh with the support of 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging (18W fast charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measures 159.1×75.4×9.2mm and weighs 190 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 600 nits of brightness and 92 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- At the back, it has a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- It features a 6000-series aluminium frame.
- Android Q and Android R software updates are promised by the company.
- A Dedicated Smart Key is present on the right side of the smartphone which can be customized to anything i.e from toggling Google Assitant, opening any other app or performing any task.
- Camera features include EIS, 180-degree Auto-Panorama, Motion Tracking videos, Time-lapse videos, ultra-wide shots, HDR+ Enhanced and Super Night Mode.
- 4K video at 60fps with EIS support (also works in a selfie — first in the world to do that) and Up to 480fps Slow-motion video recording.
- Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images with improved brightness and reduced image noise.
- The 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera comes with real-time distortion correction for images
- It gets the DxO selfie score of 98 (highest rated score for selfie camera ever).
- Audio features include 5-magnet stereo speaker, aptX HD sound, Dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifiers and dual noise-cancellation microphones.
- Made for India exclusive Customization features are Call recording, Twin apps, Outdoor mode, Mobile manager, FM Radio, Applock via Facelock and Fingerprint.
- Cam2Api support.
- High-Res dts earphones, Transparent Phone Cover and 18W QC4.0 fast charger bundled in-the-box.
- System wide Dark Mode UI support.
Author’s Opinion will be available soon. Keep watching this space.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.