On Monday, Asus launched its new smartphone, ‘Asus Zenfone 6 Edition 30’ at Computex 2019 event held in Taipei, Taiwan. The smartphone is introduced as a 30th Anniversary Limited Edition with 12GB RAM/512GB Storage. It has an iconic Zen-inspired concentric-circle patterning in Matte Black which is covered with ergonomic 3D-curved glass. It also has a distinctive embossed Edition 30 logo on the back.
As this is limited edition, only 3,000 devices will be made. It will have VIP benefits and an exclusive 30 months warranty.
To recall, the regular Zenfone 6 was launched earlier this month globally with 6GB RAM/128GB Storage and 8GB RAM/256GB Storage variants.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a NanoEdge IPS LCD display, 48MP Dual Flip Camera, Dedicated Smart Key and 5000 mAh Battery.
It is the first smartphone from the company to come with a flip (rotating) camera. In order to provide notchless display i.e. all-screen front, the company had gone with a flip camera. We have already seen a rotating camera on Samsung Galaxy A80 launched last month but in Zenfone 6 the module of the flip camera has a different perspective. The camera module in Samsung’s smartphone has to rise up and then flip whereas in Asus’s smartphone the implementation is very simple i.e. just flip.
The company has also given full control for the flip camera which can be used to capture interesting photos by stopping the flip camera at any angle. In other words, users can control the amount of rotation.
The Flip camera is made from Liquid Metal which is lighter than stainless steel and is 4x stronger. The company also made it durable by testing it for 100,000 times flip rotations, which is equal to 28 selfies a day for 5 years. It also has fall protection which automatically detects and retract the camera module to the original position.
Asus Zenfone 6 Edition 30: Price, Sale Date
- Asus Zenfone 6 Edition 30 price and availability is not revealed yet.
- It will come in a Matte Black colour option.
- Only 3,000 Edition 30 will be made and India launch is not likely to happen.
Asus Zenfone 6 Edition 30: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, the smartphone comes with the same specifications as regular Zenfone 6 except the colour, RAM and Storage.
Asus Zenfone 6 Edition 30 sports a 6.46-inch NanoEdge IPS LCD Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of near stock ZenUI 6, the phone runs on 2.84GHz octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 12GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a Flip Camera setup which is used both as rear as well as front camera, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.79 aperture and the second camera includes a 13MP 125-degree wide angle sensor with f/2.4 aperture The phone has Dual LED flash and Laser Autofocus.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 512GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage with microSD support upto 1TB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Asus Zenfone 6 battery capacity is 5000mAh with the support of 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging (18W fast charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measures 159.1×75.4×9.2mm and weighs 190 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 600 nits of brightness and 92 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- At the back, it has an iconic Zen-inspired concentric-circle patterning, distinctive embossed Edition 30 logo and 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- It features a 6000-series aluminium frame.
- Android Q and Android R software updates are promised by the company.
- A Dedicated Smart Key is present on the right side of the smartphone which can be customized to anything i.e from toggling Google Assitant, opening any other app or performing any task.
- Camera features include EIS, Auto Panorama, ultra-wide shots, HDR+ Enhanced and Night Mode.
- 4K video at 60fps with EIS support (also works in a selfie — first in the world to do that).
- Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images with improved brightness and reduced image noise.
- Audio features include 5-magnet stereo speaker, aptX HD sound, Dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifiers and dual microphones.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.