On Tuesday, Huawei launched its new smartphone, ‘Huawei P30 Pro’ in India. The smartphone is the successor of Huawei P20 Pro which was launched last year.
The latest smartphone sports a Curved OLED Display, Quad Camera Setup, Kirin 980 SoC, 4200 mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Curved OLED Display, 50X Digital Zoom and 4,200 mAh Battery.
Huawei P30 Pro: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Huawei P30 Pro price in India is Rs. 71,990 for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Aurora and Breathing Crystal colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon starting April 15 in India (For Prime customer, it will be available on April 15 and for non-prime regular customers, it will be available starting April 16). Pre-Orders start today at Croma stores and will be available in May.
- Launch offers include:
- Pay Extra Rs. 2000 and get Huawei Watch GT worth Rs. 15,990
- No-cost EMI up to 18 months
- Up to 5% Cashback
- Rs. 2200 Cashback vouchers and Double data on recharges from Jio
- MMT Coupons worth Rs. 5600
- Zoom Car Voucher worth Rs. 2200
- To recall, the company did not launch the 256GB and 512GB internal storage variants along with Black, Amber Sunrise, Pearl White colour options in India which we have seen in Paris launch event.
Huawei P30 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Huawei P30 Pro sports a 6.47-inch Curved OLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.1, the phone runs on 2.6GHz 7nm octa-core Kirin 980 processor with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. It comes with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/NM card).
In optics, there is a Leica quad rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 40MP Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor with f/1.6 aperture, the second camera includes a 20MP ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/3.4 aperture and the fourth camera includes a Time-of-Flight (TOF) depth sensor.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash, Colour Temperature sensor and Flicker sensor on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB internal storage with Nano-Memory Card support upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, hall sensor, infrared sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Huawei P30 Pro battery capacity is 4,200mAh with the support of 40W Huawei Super Charge tech fast charging and 15W fast wireless charging. The handset measures 158×73.4×8.41mm and weighs 192 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ Curved OLED HDR display with DCI-P3 colour gamut.
- It has gradient glass back with Amber Sunrise, Aurora, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colour options except for Black colour option which is without gradient.
- Camera features include OIS, AIS (Artificial Intelligence Stabilisation), Portrait Against Backlight, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom.
- Huawei SuperSpectrum sensor is RYYB sensor which is RED-YELLOW-YELLOW-BLACK.
- The 8MP camera sensor captures 5x loss-less zoom shots with a periscope.
- It can capture low light photos with up to ISO 409600.
- AI HDR+ to optimise overexposed and backlit selfies.
- Super Portrait Mode that combines depth information, 4-in-1 pixel binning and proprietary algorithms to enhance image results.
- Dual-View Video mode that is designed to record wide-angle and closeup view simultaneously
- The smartphone scored 112 overall points and 119 points in photo DxOMark scores which beats all other flagship smartphones.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
- HUAWEI Acoustic Display Technology that uses electromagnetic sound levitation to project sound from the vibrations in the display to your ear.
- Kirin 980 packs two neural processing units (NPUs) to help in machine learning tasks, including faster image recognition.
- 40W HUAWEI Super Charge tech which can charge the smartphone up to 70 percent within 30 minutes, claimed by the company.
- Reverse wireless charging which can charge other Qi wireless-enabled smartphone.
- It packs a graphene film cooling system to manage the heat.
- Dolby Atmos support.
The Huawei P30 Pro is a flagship smartphone. It comes with a robust configuration and ample battery backup. The major highlight here is the camera department which features quad set at the rear end and a high-resolution lens at the front. Both the cameras would produce an amazing photography experience. On paper, it presents a strong spec-sheet that would be appreciated by everyone.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 72K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, iPhone XS Max and Google Pixel 3 XL. So, the competition in this price range is low.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering many different features like Quad camera setup with capabilities of 50x Zoom, a great display and much more.
Overall, We recommend Huawei P30 Pro to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.