- Vivo's sub-brand IQOO first smartphone is finally launched
- Sub-brand name and smartphone name is same
- IQOO is gaming smartphone
On Friday, Vivo’s new sub-brand iQOO launched its new smartphone ‘iQOO’ at an event held in China. Don’t get confused, the name of the smartphone is simply ‘iQOO’. This smartphone is a gaming smartphone which is touted by the company which offers strong build and powerful performance.
According to the company, iQOO means ‘I Quest On and On’.
The main highlights of this smartphone are Snapdragon 855 SoC, Triple rear camera setup, Up to 12GB RAM, In-display fingerprint sensor and 4,000mAh battery.
Vivo iQOO: Price, Sale Date
- Vivo iQOO price is RMB 2,988 (roughly Rs. 31,500) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, RMB 3,298 (roughly Rs. 35,000) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and RMB 3,598 (roughly Rs. 38,000) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Electric Blue and Lava Orange colour options.
- Vivo iQOO Monster Variant price is RMB 4,298 (roughly Rs. 45,000) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Electric Blue colour option.
- It will be available for purchase via Vivo Shop in China starting March 6 10 AM CST. Pre-orders already started today i.e March 1.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Vivo iQOO: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Vivo iQOO sports a 6.41-inch AMOLED Waterdrop Notch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Funtouch OS, the phone runs on 2.84GHz 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX263 sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 13MP wide-angle sensor and the third camera includes a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is a 12MP sensor. The phone has a dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, digital compass, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Vivo iQOO battery capacity is 4,000mAh with the support of 44W Super Flash fast charging on 8GB/12GB RAM variant and 22.5W fast charging on 6GB variant. The measures 157.7×75.2×8.5mm and weight is not revealed.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports an AMOLED display with 91.7 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- It has a glass back that also has an LED strip with 16.8 million colour options. The lights are mainly used for notifications, but it’ll even light up during games.
- It includes two hidden buttons on the right side of the phone that, when the device is in landscape mode, can serve as pressure triggers for games like first-person shooters, racing games or RPGs. It is said as Monster Touch by the company.
- It has “super liquid cooling” vapor chamber which prevents the device from overheating during long game sessions.
- The company claims that 44W fast-charging support can charge 50% of the 4,000 mAh battery in 15 minutes, 85% in half hour and a full charge will be done in 45 minutes.
- Multi Turbo feature to boost performance which includes AI Turbo, Center Turbo, Net Turbo, Cooling Turbo and Game Turbo.
- It comes with Jovi Assitant in China.