- Meizu Zero uses pressure sensitive volume and power buttons
- It comes without a charging port, relies on wireless charging
- There's no SIM tray slot either, e-SIM integrated
On Wednesday, Meizu announced ‘Meizu Zero’ smartphone in China. The main highlights of the smartphone are that it comes without any physical button, ports or sim-tray.
The device instead relies on eSIM and pressure sensitive volume and power button using its mEngine 2.0 tech. There’s no 3.5mm audio jack or a USB-Type C port for charging, and users will have to rely on Super mCharge wireless charging and wireless Bluetooth audio accessories for audio.
The speaker grille is also removed from the bottom edge, and the company instead integrates its mSound 2.0 technology, that claims to use the phone’s screen as a speaker and as an earpiece as well.
Meizu Zero: Price, Sale Date
- Meizu Zero price is not revealed yet. It will come in Black and White colours.
- Availability is also not announced yet.
- Pricing and availability for India are yet to be announced.
- Expected price is Rs. 37,990.
- Expected global launch date is March-end.
Meizu Zero: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Meizu Zero sports a 5.99-inch Super AMOLED Display with full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) resolution. Based on Android OS (version not revealed) on the top of Flyme OS 7, the phone runs on Snapdragon 845 processor with Adreno 630 GPU. RAM information is not revealed by the company. The smartphone has the support of eSIM.
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX380 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 20MP Sony IMX350 sensor with f/2.6 aperture. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has a 6-LED ring flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the storage information is also not revealed by the company. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. Meizu Zero battery capacity is not revealed by the company but comes with the support of 18W superfast wireless charging. The measures and weight of the device are also not revealed by the company.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- Meizu Zero features a minimalistic design, with Black and White glossy back panel finishes
- The smartphone is IP68 dust and water-resistant, which means it can withstand immersion underwater for up to 30 minutes.
- Camera features include 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 4-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus.
- Front camera features include AI face unlock.
What do you think about Meizu Zero? Tell us in the comments below.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.