- Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports a QHD+ Display
- It is available via Amazon and offline Croma stores
- It is priced in India at Rs. 69,990
On Tuesday, Huawei launched its flagship smartphone, ‘Huawei Mate 20 Pro’ in India. The latest smartphone sports a QHD+ Notch Display, Triple Rear Camera Setup, Kirin 980 SoC, IP Rating, Wireless Charging and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are triple rear camera setup, 7nm Kirin 980 SoC, a dedicated neural processing unit, QHD+ display and a massive 4,200 mAh battery.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro price in India is Rs. 69,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant.
- Huawei has also unveiled bundle pack (Mate 20 Pro + Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones) at Rs. 71,990. Bundle pack is an early bird limited offer.
- The smartphone will be exclusively available for purchase via Amazon.in starting December 3 at 12 AM-midnight for Amazon Prime customers and starting December 4 at 12AM-midnight for Amazon Non-Prime regular customers. It will be also available for purchase via offline Croma stores starting December 10 along with bundle pack. The smartphone will come in Emerald Green and Twilight colours.
- Launch offers include telecom offer from Vodafone Idea that is 20 percent bill rental discount for 12 months on Rs. 499 or above RED/Nirvana postpaid plans.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports a 6.39-inch curved OLED Notch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 HDR support and QHD+ (1440×3120 pixels) resolution. It has 86.9 percent screen-to-body ration and high colour saturation. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.0, the phone runs on the Kirin 980 7nm processor with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of hybrid dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/Nano Memory Card).
In optics, there is a Leica triple rear matrix camera setup, the first camera includes a 40MP wide-angle lends sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 20MP ultra wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes an 8MP 3X telephoto lens sensor with f/2.4 aperture. The rear camera also supports OIS. The phone has LED flash on the back. On the front, there is a 24MP RGB sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB of internal storage and the company’s proprietary Nano-Memory Card support up to 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band, 2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0 LE, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, gravity sensor, hall sensor, barometer, laser sensor, infrared sensor, colour temperature sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro battery capacity is 4,200mAh with the support of 40W SuperCharge fast charging with charger included in the box and 15W fast charging with Wireless charger (not included in the box). The handset is listed in Emerald Green and Twilight colours, measures 157.8×72.3×8.6mm and weighs 189 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has’Hyper Optical Pattern’ textured back panel for better gripping.
- It sports a dedicated neural processing unit (NPU) for efficient AI based functions.
- It has an in-display fingerprint scanner on board with Dynamic Pressure Sensing technology.
- IP68 certification for dust and water resistance that allows for submerging up to 2 metres for 30 minutes.
- Dual speakers with Dolby Atmos technology support.
- HiVision app that provides AI based visual search and translation features.
- Camera feature includes AI Portrait Shot (that retains colour on the subject in a photo, and desaturates the background), AI Cinema Mode (offers a 21:9 aspect ratio) and AI video editor (automatically creates video highlights for each person in a video).
- Camera lenses support a wide range of focal lengths (equivalent to the performance of a 16-270mm zoom lens).
- Front Camera feature includes 3D depth sensing camera with support for 3D facial unlocking (uses 30,000 recognition points). It also comes with 3D Live Emoji, with support for GIF and MP4 files.
- 40W Huawei SuperCharge fast charging technology that lets you charge the phone from 0 to 70% in 30 minutes.
- 15W Wireless Quick Charge support and comes with Wireless Reverse Charge, which enables the device to work as a power bank for devices supporting Qi wireless charging.
- The display has 820 nits of brightness.
With a flagship price-tag, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is certainly is one, from that beautiful near bezel-less OLED screen which delivers true to life visuals to the formidable configuration underneath that powers this beast through any task and the most extensive apps with ease. The cameras are sporting a DSLR level quality without exaggeration and selfies on this phone will flatter you, and at last of course that battery with quick charging makes sure you don’t have to think about charging this phone much, overall it is truly a desirable flagship.
With this flagship smartphone, Huawei tried to provide every technology they have right now and this is a good thing.
Overall, We recommend Huawei Mate 20 Pro to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Huawei Mate 20 Pro from below:[content-egg-block template=offers_list] What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.