If you unlucky and haven’t got the OTA Lollipop Update then no problem Check the article How To Update Yureka To Lollipop Manually.
This detailed guide consists of 3 sections –
- How to unlock Yu Yureka’s bootloader.
- How to flash official CWM recovery on Yu Yureka.
- How to root Yu Yureka by flashing SuperSU.
The files which are required for the process come from different resources and so we have compiled all of them to make a ‘Rooting Kit’. Please note that we do not take credits for any of the program in the rooting kit. Their respective developers are highly appreciated.
Download the Rooting Kit.
Download PdaNet on your PC/Laptop.(Installing this will install all required drivers on PC)
Before we go into the process, let do make some necessary settings on your Yureka.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and tap build number 7-10 times until you see a popup stating ”You are now a developer”.
- Press back and now a new section called ”Developer Options” will appear in settings. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
- Now scroll down and turn off Update Cyanogen Recovery.
- Now scroll down and turn on USB Debugging.
- Now make a backup of all your data as the next step will wipe all the data present in the Internal Memory.
- Make sure you have 70-80% battery to prevent unexpected failures.
How To Unlock Yu Yureka’s Bootloader –
1) Extract the adb_fastboot file present in the rooting kit in a new folder in your C:/ drive.
2) Connect your phone to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
3) Now Open Developer Option in your Yureka and turn on Advanced Reboot option.
4) Now Press and Hold Power button, select Reboot then select bootloader.
5) You will get a black screen stating ‘Fastboot Mode’ at the middle.
6) As soon as you plug your phone into the PC, windows will start installing drivers all by itself. Please wait for the installation to complete.
7) After the drivers have been installed successfully, go to the folder where you have extracted adb_fastboot file.
8) While pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, right click in the folder and select ‘Open Command Prompt Here’. The command prompt will open up.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-info
10) If TRUE then just flash CWM recovery from below process no need to unlock bootloader.
11) If FALSE then run the following command.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
You should get something like this.
Congratulations! Your Yu Yureka’s bootloader has been unlocked! But please do not close the Command Prompt as we will run some more commands to flash CWM recovery. You can just minimize it.
How To Flash CWM Recovery –
1) Now copy the recovery_cwm.img from the rooting kit to the folder where you extracted adb_fastboot.
2) Maximize the command prompt, and type the following command
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_cwm.img
Congratulations again! You have successfully flashed CWM recovery on you Yu Yureka. Now you can close the command prompt.
How To Root Yu Yureka By Flashing SuperSU –
The process for which you came here for is the simplest one. Let’s root the Yureka!
1) Copy the SuperSu file from the rooting kit to the root directory of your phone’s internal memory.
2) Power off your phone.
3) Now boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
4) You will be in CWM Recovery. For navigation use Volume Buttons and for selection use Power Button
5) Now Select on ‘Install zip’ >> ‘Install zip from sdcard’ >> 0 >> Select SuperSU.zip >> Yes Install.
6) Now Go Back and Select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ >> Yes Wipe. >> It will take 2-3 minutes to wipe.
7) Now Go to advanced option and select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ >> Yes Wipe.
8) Now Finally Select ‘Reboot System Now’ >> Yes – Fix Root.
9) It will take around 10-15 minutes to reboot.
Great! Every Step is completed successfully! You have successfully rooted your Yu Yureka!
To verify that your Yu Yureka is indeed rooted, download Root Checker from the Google Play Store for free.
From there, simply run the app, then tap Grant on the Superuser request popup. If everything went off without a hitch, Root Checker will give you a message that says Congratulations! This device has root access!
Thanks to an incredible development community, the Yu Yureka is easy to root.
Also Read : Yu Yureka Review
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.