If YU Yureka owners are getting the update notifications, then select – “Yes, I’m in” option >> then, after downloading, select >> “Install now.” The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
We like to remind our readers that the roll-out process is carried out in phases, so it will take some time, probably by this weekend to reach all corners of the country. Until then, users can also check manually on the smartphone by going to – ‘Settings’ >> ‘About phone’ >> ‘System update’ >> ‘Check Now’;
Yureka device owners, who are impatient to wait for the new update, can install the OTA software manually. The company has released firmware on the official forum to those tech savvy who know how to flash firmware directly on the phone.[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of manual software installation of Android devices. If the installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the device getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. PaidFreeDroid cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if devices get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution or just wait for a day or two to install new software with very less effort via OTA]
Manually Update via Recovery (Available, No Root Needed)
Couldn’t wait for the OTA update to be pushed to your Yureka or don’t have a fast data connection? You can simply download the update zip file and flash it manually by heading to the recovery. This does not need root access and will not void your warranty either. Updating via recovery is generally as safe as the OTA updates, but it is still recommended that you backup your important data before proceeding.
- Download CM 12 (Lollipop) zip (named: cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip) from HERE (646MB).
- Copy or move it to the /download folder in Phone Memory.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Wipe the cache and then select Apply Update > Choose from internal storage > 0/ > Download and select the CM 12 zip (cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed.zip).
- When the flashing finishes, select Reboot system now and wait for the phone to restart and boot up to the new OS.
Few Screenshots of CM12 on Yureka
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.