Reliance Jio launched its new ultra-budget smartphone “JioPhone Next” in India. This is the company’s first Android smartphone which came as part of the company’s partnership with Google. The device will be available from Diwali and the price of the handset is revealed with some easy EMI plans also.
The smartphone’s key specifications include an HD+ display, 13MP Rear Camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 215 SoC, and 3500mAh Battery.
Price in India, Sale Date
- JioPhone Next price in India is Rs. 6,499. The smartphone can be purchased upfront without any EMI plans.
- There are also options for Easy EMI plans where customers can pay Rs. 1,999 initially (plus Rs. 501 processing fees), then pay the rest of the amount in easy EMI.
- It comes in Blue and Black colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase on Jio offline stores, Jio.com or on WhatsApp (Send ‘Hi’ to 70182-70182).
- Availability starts from Diwali i.e. November 4.
To ensure easy access to the JioPhone Next, the company says it has partnered with more than 30,000 retail outlets across India. It has also made a paperless digital financing option available, which is now available in even the most remote parts of the country, making it geographically accessible to every Indian.
The EMI plans are available in 18 and 24-month periods. These plans include Jio’s voice and data benefits, so users can choose the carrier plan that best suits their needs. JioPhone Next customers can choose from the Always-on, Large, XL, and XXL plans.
- Always-on Plan: This plan costs Rs. 300 per month for a period of 24 months or Rs. 350 per month for a period of 18 months. Users will receive 5GB of data and 100 minutes of calling per month in addition to paying the EMI for the JioPhone Next.
- Large Plan: This plan costs Rs. 450 per month for a period of 24 months or Rs. 500 per month for a period of 18 months. Users will receive 1.5GB per day data and unlimited voice calling benefits.
- XL Plan: This plan costs Rs. 500 per month for a period of 24 months or Rs. 550 per month for a period of 18 months. Users will receive 2GB per day data and unlimited voice calling benefits.
- XXL Plan: This plan costs Rs. 550 per month for a period of 24 months or Rs. 600 per month for a period of 18 months. Users will receive 2.5GB per day data and unlimited voice benefits.
All EMI plans come with extra processing fees of Rs. 501.
JioPhone Next: Specifications and Features
JioPhone Next sports a 5.45-inch display with HD+ (1600×720 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 11 (Go Edition) on the top of Pragati OS, the phone runs on 1.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 215 processor with Adreno 308 GPU. It comes in 2GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a 13MP sensor. On the front, there is an 8MP sensor. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 32GB internal storage which is expandable up to 512GB storage via microSD. The connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and micro-USB port.
The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, light sensor and proximity sensor. JioPhone Next battery capacity is 3500mAh.
- HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and anti-fingerprint coating.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Google Assistant support.
- Camera Features include Portrait mode, India-augmented reality filters, Night mode, HDR, Snapchat lenses directly in the Camera Go app.
Pragati OS Features:
- Pragati OS is an optimised version of Android which is tailored for users in India. Made by Jio and Google.
- ‘Read Aloud’ and ‘Translate Now’ are now OS-wide functions that work with any text on the phone screen, including web pages, apps, messages, and even photographs.
- Users who are unable to read content in their native language can now have it translated and read back to them in their own language with the touch of a button.
- Over-the-air updates will enable new features, customization, security updates, and more, all of which will improve the phone’s experience over time.
*Green and Red text highlights represent Good and Bad Features of the smartphone in first impressions.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.