On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new foldable smartphone, ‘Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G’ in Galaxy Unpacked 2021 Online Event. It is the successor of Galaxy Z Fold2 which was launched last year.
The key specifications of the smartphone include Dual Displays, Triple Rear Cameras, Under Display Front Camera, 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 SoC and 4400mAh Battery.
The main highlights of the smartphone are the Under Display Camera and Water Resistant Design.
The Z Fold3 also supports S Pen and there are two options i.e. S Pen Fold Edition and S Pen Pro. Both come with retractable Pro tip with force limit tech.
S Pen Fold Editon has no Bluetooth connectivity but supports Air command gestures. S Pen Pro is compatible with all Samsung devices with S Pen support and comes with Bluetooth connectivity. The S Pen Pro supports Air command as well as Air actions.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G price is $1799.99 (approx. Rs. 1,33,700) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant and $1899.99 (approx. Rs. 1,41,100) for the 12GB RAM/512GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver colour options.
- Pre-order starts today on Samsung.com and shipping will start from August 27.
- S Pen Fold Edition price is $49.99 (approx. Rs. 3,700).
- S Pen Pro price is $99.99 (approx. Rs. 7,400).
- Availability and Indian pricing will be available soon.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: Specifications and Features
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G has dual displays – the inner display (foldable) sports a 7.6-inch Infinity Flex Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with 120Hz refresh rate, 22.5:18 aspect ratio, 2208×1768 pixels resolution and the cover display sports a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with 120Hz refresh rate, 24.5:9 aspect ratio, 2268×832 pixels resolution.
Based on Android 11 on the top of One UI 3.5, the phone runs on 2.84GHz octa-core 5nm Snapdragon 888 processor with Adreno 660 GPU. It comes in 12GB LPDDR5 RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+eSIM).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 12MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
The front (cover display) includes a 10MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture whereas, on the inner display, the phone has an Under Display Camera which includes a 4MP sensor. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 256GB/512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G NA/NSA (sub6/mmWave), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E, HE160, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.2 LE, NFC, MST, GPS+GLONASS and USB Type-C 3.2 port.
The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G battery capacity is 4400mAh with support of 25W fast charging, 10W Wireless (WPC & PMA) charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging. The phone measures 67.1×158.2x16mm (folded) and 128.1×158.2×6.4mm (unfolded). It weighs 271 grams.
- QXGA+ Infinity Flex Dynamix AMOLED 2X Inner Display with 120Hz adaptable refresh rate.
- Samsung UTG (Ultra-Thin Glass) is now 80% stronger and 29% brighter when compared with last year’s Z Fold2.
- HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Cover Display with 120Hz refresh rate.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
- Armour Aluminium frame.
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS.
- 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom.
- Samsung services like Samsung Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
- Wireless Samsung DeX support.
- IPX8 Water and Dust Resistance.
- Wireless PowerShare to charge other devices wirelessly.
- Audio features include stereo speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos.
- 5G support.
- Flex mode features let you join video calls on the top screen while checking notes on the bottom screen.
- Updated Multi-Active Window, App Pair, new Taskbar.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.