Redmi 9 Prime is the latest addition to Xiaomi’s budget-oriented smartphone lineup. The Redmi branded smartphone checks all the boxes when it comes to a great device and that too at a competitive price point. Despite being a budget smartphone, Redmi has somehow managed to offer a quad-camera setup on this device and it even packs a capable octa-core CPU.
So here’s everything you need to know about the Redmi 9 Prime.
Pricing And Availability
The newly launched budget smartphone from Redmi will come in Space Blue, Min Green, Sunrise Flare, and Matte Black color variants. This smartphone will retail for a price of Rs. 9,999 for the base variant with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB of storage costs Rs. 11,999. You can purchase this smartphone from Amazon.in or from offline retailers.
Redmi 9 Prime: Specifications And Features
As expected, Redmi 9 Prime sports a complete plastic construction. The 6.53 inches IPS LCD display of this smartphone is protected by Gorilla Glass 3. MediaTek Helio G80 12nm SoC power this smartphone. This CPU is ideal for regular day to day tasks and you won’t face any performance issue for a year or two. The 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 MC2 GPU is ideal for casual gaming. Sadly, it can’t withstand long gaming sessions.
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ LCD display with a resolution of 2340 × 1080 pixels and a max brightness of 400 nits brightness
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor
- 950MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11 custom skin
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash coupled with an 8MP 118.2° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP depth and a 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, linear speakers
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C for connectivity
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The quad-camera setup on Redmi 9 Prime offers great versatility but Xiaomi should have focused on enhancing the quality of the primary sensor. Undoubtedly, the massive 5020mAh battery is one of the noteworthy features of Redmi 9 Prime. The smartphone from Xiaomi supports 18W fast charging.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.