Xiaomi is the fourth-largest smartphone manufacturer in the world. Even though the Chinese tech giant doesn’t offer high-priced flagship smartphones it has still dominated the mid-range smartphone market for many years. Well, Xiaomi’s Redmi Note series is undoubtedly one of the best mid-range smartphone series and it offers a great price to performance ratio. Xioami has recently updated the Redmi Note series with the new Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
Presently, this mid-range smartphone is only launched in China and it offers many interesting features for its price. So here’s everything you need to know about the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro: Specifications And Features
Similar to its predecessor, Redmi Note 8 Pro offers a premium construction. This mid-range smartphone features a 3D glass back curved which is curved on four sides and it has a splash-resistant body with IP52 ratings. Furthermore, both the front and backside of the smartphone are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Overall, the design aesthetics of this smartphone are exceptionally great.
The 6.53-inch Full HD+ display is ideal for media consumption and the 91.4% screen-to-body ratio makes the display truly immersive. Additionally, Note 8 Pro comes with TÜV Rheinland eye protection certification.
Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by the newly launched MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor. This mid-range processor can effortlessly handle heavy multitasking and the 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU offers a great gaming experience. If performance is your primary concern then the Redmi Note 8 Pro won’t disappoint you. Lastly, Note 8 Pro is the only mid-range smartphone that comes with liquid colling which can reduce the temperature of this smartphone by 4 to 6 degrees.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor
- 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 custom skin
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The next major highlight of this smartphone is its quad-camera setup which consists of a 64-megapixel primary rear camera with 1/1.7″ Samsung Samsung GW1 Sensor coupled with an 8-megapixel 120° ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 2cm macro shots.
The 4500mAh battery on this smartphone can easily sustain a day or two of moderate usage. Moreover, Xiaomi claims that the 18W fast charging can charge the phone to 30% in 21 minutes, 50% in 36 minutes and it will take 1 hour and 53 minutes for 100% charge.
Pricing And Availability
The Redmi Note 8 Pro will be available in White, Jade Green and Electric Gray colour variants. This smartphone will go on sale in China from September 3rd. The base variant of Note 8 Pro with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage will retail for 1399 yuan (roughly Rs. 14,035). While the variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage costs 1599 yuan (roughly Rs. 16,050). Lastly, the version with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage retails for 1799 yuan (roughly Rs. 18,060).
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.