On Wednesday, Realme launched its new smartphone, ‘Realme X’ at an event held in China. The smartphone is part of new Realme X series which also includes Realme X Lite. The Lite was also launched at the same event.
The main highlights of this smartphone are an AMOLED display, Snapdragon 710 SoC, In-Display Fingerprint Sensor and 20W fast charging.
It is the first smartphone from the company to come with a pop-up front camera, glass back and in-display fingerprint sensor.
The company also announced the Realme X Master Edition designed by Naoto Fukasawa in Onion and Garlic White colours with unique patterns. The Master Edition is identical to regular Realme X in term of specification except for the colour option.
Realme X: Price, Sale Date
- Realme X price is CNY 1,499 (roughly Rs. 15,320) for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant, CNY 1,599 (roughly Rs. 16,350) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and CNY 1,799 (roughly Rs. 18,400) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Steam White and Punk Blue colour options.
- Realme X Master Edition price is CNY 1899 (roughly Rs. 19,400) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage option. It will come in Onion and Garlic White colour options.
- Both smartphones will be available for purchase via Realme store, JD.com, Suning.com and T-mall starting May 20 in China.
- Availability and price in India of both are yet to be announced.
Realme X: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Realme X sports a 6.53-inch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of stock ColorOS 6.0, the phone runs on 2.2GHz 10nm octa-core Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a dual camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.7 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor. On the front, there is a 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, electronic compass and in-display fingerprint sensor. Realme X battery capacity is 3765mAh with the support of 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging. The handset measures 161.2x76x9.4mm and weighs 191 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The display used on the smartphone is made by Samsung. It has 2.2mm narrow border on the top and 1.62mm ultra narrow bezels on the sides offering 91.2% screen-to-body ratio.
- It has gradient glass back with S-shaped curve.
- New Gel Cooling System that reduces the temperature up to 15.2% in one hour.
- Sixth-generation In-Display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include AI scene recognition.
- According to the company, the pop-up camera takes 0.74 seconds to open and it has been tested 200,000 times.
- Audio features include Dolby Atmos support.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.