On Wednesday, Realme launched its new smartphone, ‘Realme X’ at an event held in China. The smartphone is part of new Realme X series which also includes Realme X Lite. The Lite was also launched at the same event.
The main highlights of this smartphone are an AMOLED display, Snapdragon 710 SoC, In-Display Fingerprint Sensor and 20W fast charging.
It is the first smartphone from the company to come with a pop-up front camera, glass back and in-display fingerprint sensor.
The company also announced the Realme X Master Edition designed by Naoto Fukasawa in Onion and Garlic White colours with unique patterns. The Master Edition is identical to regular Realme X in term of specification except for the colour option.
Realme X: Price, Sale Date
- Realme X price is CNY 1,499 (roughly Rs. 15,320) for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant, CNY 1,599 (roughly Rs. 16,350) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and CNY 1,799 (roughly Rs. 18,400) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Steam White and Punk Blue colour options.
- Realme X Master Edition price is CNY 1899 (roughly Rs. 19,400) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage option. It will come in Onion and Garlic White colour options.
- Both smartphones will be available for purchase via Realme store, JD.com, Suning.com and T-mall starting May 20 in China.
- Availability and price in India of both are yet to be announced.
Realme X: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Realme X sports a 6.53-inch AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of stock ColorOS 6.0, the phone runs on 2.2GHz 10nm octa-core Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a dual camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.7 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor. On the front, there is a 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, electronic compass and in-display fingerprint sensor. Realme X battery capacity is 3765mAh with the support of 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging. The handset measures 161.2x76x9.4mm and weighs 191 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The display used on the smartphone is made by Samsung. It has 2.2mm narrow border on the top and 1.62mm ultra narrow bezels on the sides offering 91.2% screen-to-body ratio.
- It has gradient glass back with S-shaped curve.
- New Gel Cooling System that reduces the temperature up to 15.2% in one hour.
- Sixth-generation In-Display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include AI scene recognition.
- According to the company, the pop-up camera takes 0.74 seconds to open and it has been tested 200,000 times.
- Audio features include Dolby Atmos support.