On Tuesday, Nokia launched its new smartphone, ‘Nokia 3.2’ in India. The smartphone successor of Nokia 3.1 Plus which was launched in India last year. It comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button and the power button also acts like a notification LED light.
The latest smartphone sports a HD+ Display, Single Camera Setup, Snapdragon 429 SoC, 4000mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Stock Android and 4000 mAh Battery.
Nokia 3.2: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Nokia 3.2 price in India is Rs. 8,990 for the 2GB RAM/16GB internal storage variant and Rs. 10,790 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant. It will come in Black and Steel colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Nokia website and major retail stores starting May 23.
- Launch offers includes:
- Rs. 1000 gift card by using a promo code “LAUNCHGIFT” on Nokia official website (valid till 30th June)
- Free one-time screen-replacement for a six-month period (from the date of activation of the phone) by Servify (valid till 30th June).
- Rs. 2,500 instant cashback in the form of vouchers for Vodafone and Idea users (valid on Rs. 199 or higher plans)
- 10 percent cashback for HDFC Bank Credit and Debit cards users (valid till 15th June on EMI and regular transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores).
Nokia 3.2: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Nokia 3.2 sports a 6.26-inch Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and HD+ (720×1520 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of the stock Android, the phone runs on 12nm octa-core Snapdragon 429 processor with Adreno 504 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a 13MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. On the front, there is a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has a LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 16GB/32GB internal storage with microSD support upto 400GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro USB port. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor (The 3GB RAM variant comes with fingerprint sensor whereas 2GB RAM variant doesn’t come with fingerprint sensor). Nokia 3.2 battery capacity is 4,000mAh. The handset measures 159.44×76.24×8.60mm and weighs 181 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports HD+ a-Si TFT LCD waterdrop notch display.
- On the back, there is a glass back.
- Audio features include FM radio.
The Nokia 3.2 is a budget smartphone that comes with an affordable price tag and decent features in some aspects. The build quality, battery backup and the display quality are very good. However, it lacks in many other things like no fingerprint sensor (in 2GB variant), low-end processor, below average camera performance, etc.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 11K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Redmi Note 7S, Redmi Y3, Realme 3, Galaxy M20 and Zenfone Max Pro M2. So, the competition in this price range is good.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering features like stock Android, solid build quality, glass back, great battery and a large display. The base variant doesn’t come with a fingerprint sensor which is a major drawback and use of underpowered processor on both variants is just not acceptable at this price segment. On the other hand, the camera of the device is below average whether it is the front or the rear camera.
Overall, We don’t recommend Nokia 3.2 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Redmi Note 7S.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.