- Mi 9 is xiaomi's first flagship smartphone of 2019
- It features latest 7nm Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Pricing starts at CNY 2999
On Wednesday, Xiaomi launched ‘Mi 9’ smartphone at an event held in Beijing, China. This is the company’s latest flagship smartphone after Mi 8 which was launched last year. The company also launched ‘Mi 9 Transparent Edition’.
The main highlights of the smartphone are Super AMOLED Display, 48MP triple rear camera setup and In-display fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 9: Price, Sale Date
- Xiaomi Mi 9 price is CNY 2999 (roughly Rs. 31,800) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and CNY 3299 (roughly Rs. 34,900) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black colours.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition price is CNY 3999 (roughly Rs. 42,300) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come with a transparent back panel.
- It will be available for purchase starting February 26 in China.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Mi 9: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Xiaomi Mi 9 sports a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Waterdrop Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.84GHz Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options (12GB on Transparent Edition). The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM.
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor. The phone has an LED flash on the back. (Transparent Edition has 7P lens and f/ 1.47 large aperture in main camera).
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 2.1+ 128GB internal storage (UFS 2.1+ 256GB internal storage on Transparent Edition) without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. There is no 3.5mm headphone jack. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and optical in-display fingerprint sensor. Xiaomi Mi 9 battery capacity is 3,300mAh with the support of 27W wired fast charging and 20W wireless fast charging. The measures 157.5×74.67×7.61mm and weighs 173 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Super AMOLED display with a 90.7 percent screen-to-body ratio and 600 nits of brightness. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- It has 3.6mm thin chin.
- On the back, the smartphone bears an all-curved design along with a holographic illusion finish and dual layer nano-coating that offers unique colours when the light is reflected.
- It comes with an on-screen ambient light sensor and an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
- It comes with a multi-functional NFC chip (NXP SN100T, to data sharing and payments support at a 30 percent faster speed than the previous NFC chip).
- It comes with dual-frequency GPS connectivity via an independent L5 antenna to enhance accuracy on the part of on-device navigation.
- It has a fifth-generation in-display fingerprint sensor.
- It comes with a dedicated AI button that will let users switch on Google Assistant (In China, Xiao AI is used in place of Google Assistant).
- There is an IR blaster to let users easily use the Mi 9 as a universal remote controller for their home appliances
- Game turbo technology with real-time CPU/GPU/FPS monitoring.
- Mi 9 camera has scored 107 points on DxOMark with 112 points on photo and 99 on video.
- Rear Camera features include Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing, 2x lossless zoom, ultra-wide shot.
- Other Camera features include Moon mode for TikTok users.
- Other features include Always-On colour display, Smart Antenna, screen dimming optimisation, reading mode 2.0, high brightness mode, and Sunlight mode 2.0.