- Mi 9 is xiaomi's first flagship smartphone of 2019
- It features latest 7nm Snapdragon 855 SoC
- Pricing starts at CNY 2999
On Wednesday, Xiaomi launched ‘Mi 9’ smartphone at an event held in Beijing, China. This is the company’s latest flagship smartphone after Mi 8 which was launched last year. The company also launched ‘Mi 9 Transparent Edition’.
The main highlights of the smartphone are Super AMOLED Display, 48MP triple rear camera setup and In-display fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 9: Price, Sale Date
- Xiaomi Mi 9 price is CNY 2999 (roughly Rs. 31,800) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and CNY 3299 (roughly Rs. 34,900) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black colours.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Transparent Edition price is CNY 3999 (roughly Rs. 42,300) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come with a transparent back panel.
- It will be available for purchase starting February 26 in China.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Mi 9: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Xiaomi Mi 9 sports a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Waterdrop Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.84GHz Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB RAM options (12GB on Transparent Edition). The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM.
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor. The phone has an LED flash on the back. (Transparent Edition has 7P lens and f/ 1.47 large aperture in main camera).
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 2.1+ 128GB internal storage (UFS 2.1+ 256GB internal storage on Transparent Edition) without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. There is no 3.5mm headphone jack. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and optical in-display fingerprint sensor. Xiaomi Mi 9 battery capacity is 3,300mAh with the support of 27W wired fast charging and 20W wireless fast charging. The measures 157.5×74.67×7.61mm and weighs 173 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Super AMOLED display with a 90.7 percent screen-to-body ratio and 600 nits of brightness. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- It has 3.6mm thin chin.
- On the back, the smartphone bears an all-curved design along with a holographic illusion finish and dual layer nano-coating that offers unique colours when the light is reflected.
- It comes with an on-screen ambient light sensor and an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
- It comes with a multi-functional NFC chip (NXP SN100T, to data sharing and payments support at a 30 percent faster speed than the previous NFC chip).
- It comes with dual-frequency GPS connectivity via an independent L5 antenna to enhance accuracy on the part of on-device navigation.
- It has a fifth-generation in-display fingerprint sensor.
- It comes with a dedicated AI button that will let users switch on Google Assistant (In China, Xiao AI is used in place of Google Assistant).
- There is an IR blaster to let users easily use the Mi 9 as a universal remote controller for their home appliances
- Game turbo technology with real-time CPU/GPU/FPS monitoring.
- Mi 9 camera has scored 107 points on DxOMark with 112 points on photo and 99 on video.
- Rear Camera features include Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing, 2x lossless zoom, ultra-wide shot.
- Other Camera features include Moon mode for TikTok users.
- Other features include Always-On colour display, Smart Antenna, screen dimming optimisation, reading mode 2.0, high brightness mode, and Sunlight mode 2.0.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.