- Mi 9 SE is first smartphone with Snapdragon 712 SoC
- It is officially launched in China
- Xiaomi also launched three accessories
On Wednesday, Xiaomi launched ‘Mi 9 SE’ smartphone at an event held in Beijing, China. This is the successor of Mi 8 SE which was launched last year. This is the first smartphone in the world to feature Snapdragon 712 processor.
The company also launched its flagship smartphone ‘Mi 9’ and ‘Mi 9 Transparent Edition’.
The main highlights of the smartphone are Super AMOLED Display, 48MP triple rear camera setup and In-display fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE: Price, Sale Date
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE price is CNY 1999 (roughly Rs. 21,200) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and CNY 2299 (roughly Rs. 24,300) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Blue, Violet and Dark great colours.
- It will be available for purchase starting March 1 in China.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE sports a 5.97-inch Super AMOLED Waterdrop Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.3GHz Snapdragon 712 processor with Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 6GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM.
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 13MP ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor. The phone has an LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 2.1+ 64GB/128GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. There is no 3.5mm headphone jack. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and optical in-display fingerprint sensor. Xiaomi Mi 9 SE battery capacity is 3,070mAh with the support of 18W fast charging. The measures 147.5×70.5×7.45mm and weighs 155 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Super AMOLED display.
- On the back, the smartphone bears gradient holographic rainbow spectrum surface.
- It comes with an on-screen ambient light sensor and an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
- It has a fifth-generation in-display fingerprint sensor.
- There is an IR blaster to let users easily use the Mi 9 SE as a universal remote controller for their home appliances.
- Game turbo technology with real-time CPU/GPU/FPS monitoring.
- Rear Camera features include Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing, 2x lossless zoom, ultra-wide shot.
- Other features include Always-On colour display, Smart Antenna, screen dimming optimisation, reading mode 2.0, high brightness mode, and Sunlight mode 2.0.
Along with the smartphones, Xiaomi has also launched a couple of accessories which includes:
- A dedicated 20W Mi Wireless Charger with a double cooling system. It is priced at CNY 169 (roughly Rs. 1,800).
- A Mi Wireless Charger comes with backward compatibility, meaning it can charge other wireless charging-supported devices. It is priced at CNY 99 (roughly Rs. 1,000).
- A 10000mAh Mi Wireless Power Bank. It is priced at CNY 149 (roughly Rs. 1,600).
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.