- Mi MIX 3 5G will be first commercially available 5G smartphone
- It is priced at EUR 599
- It will be available in May this year
On Sunday, Xiaomi launched its ‘Mi MIX 3 5G’ smartphone at an event held in Barcelona, Spain. This smartphone is the 5G variant of Mi Mix 3 which was launched back in October last year. The company is touting it as the world’s first commercially available 5G smartphone.
The main highlights of this smartphone are Snapdragon 855 chipset along with Snapdragon X50 5G modem, OLED display, dual camera setup, 6GB RAM and 3,800mAh battery.
The 5G modem enables 2Gbps+ peak download speed on a 5G network. This means Mi Mix 5G can download a 15-minute 1080p (256MB) video in a second or 26 MP3 files (320Kbps) in a second.
Xiaomi also launched Mi 9 globally and Mi LED smart bulb at the same event.
Mi MIX 3 5G: Price, Sale Date
- Mi Mix 3 5G price starts at EUR 599 (roughly Rs. 48,300). It will come in Onyx Black and Sapphire Blue colour.
- It will be available for purchase via Mi Stores, Mi.com, and select retail channels starting May this year.
- Xiaomi has partnered with several telecom operators in Europe including 3, Orange, Sunrise, Telefonica, TIM and Vodafone for 5G smartphone rollout.
- Pricing & availability for India is yet to be announced.
Mi MIX 5G: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Mi MIX 5G sports a 6.39-inch OLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.84GHz 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor paired with a Snapdragon X50 5G modem and Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX363 26mm wide-angle sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 12MP Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is also a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 24MP Sony IMX576 sensor with Super Pixel low-light tech and the second camera includes a 2MP DOF OV02A10 sensor. The phone has a dual LED flash on the back and a selfie flash on the front.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with UFS 2.1 128GB internal storage without microSD card support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G (Sub-6GHz / mmWave 28GHz, 39GHz), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, heart rate sensor, RGB light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Mi MIX 3 5G battery capacity is 3,800mAh with the support of Quick Charge 4+ fast charging and 10W wireless charging. The measures 157.8×74.6×8.4mm and weighs 218 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports an OLED display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness.
- It has a ceramic finish at the back and slider mechanism for the front camera.
- It comes with hybrid cooling.
- Rear Camera features include AI portraits, AI scene recognition, 2x lossless zoom, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording and 960 fps slo-mo recording.
- Front camera features include 4-in-1 Super Pixel low-light tech, customized high CRI selfie light.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.