- Nokia 8.1 is now official in India
- Sale will starts from December 21
- It is priced in India at Rs. 26,999
On Monday, HMD Global launched its new smartphone, ‘Nokia 8.1’ in India. The global variant of this smartphone has launched a few days ago in Dubai. It is also known as Nokia X7 in other markets.
The latest smartphone sports a full-HD+ Notch Display, Zeiss Optics Cameras, Snapdragon 710 SoC and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are HDR10 PureDisplay and Android One Program.
Nokia 8.1: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Nokia 8.1 price in India is Rs. 26,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon.in, top mobile retailers in India and Nokia online store starting December 21. Pre-booking already started on Nokia online store. The smartphone will come in Blue/ Silver and Iron/ Steel colours.
- Launch offer includes telecom offer from Airtel which provides 1TB 4G Data valid on Rs. 199 prepaid plan, Airtel Postpaid subscribers will get additional 120GB 4G Data along with 3-months Netflix-subscription and 1-year Amazon Prime Membership valid on Rs. 499 or above postpaid plan, 10 percent cashback on HDFC credit & debit card EMI transactions via eligible offline stores. Those who pre-book the smartphone or select the Notify Me option from Amazon India will get a 6-month screen replacement from Servify.
Nokia 8.1: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Nokia sports a 6.18-inch PureDisplay with 18.7:9 aspect ratio and full-HD+ (1080×2244 pixels) resolution. It has 86.5 percent screen-to-body ratio along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Android One program, the phone runs on 2.2GHz Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 4GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup with Zeiss optics, the first camera includes a 12MP Sony IMX363 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and the second camera includes a 13MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone supports OIS and EIS. On the front, there is a 20MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 400GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Nokia 8.1 battery capacity is 3,500mAh with the support of 18W fast charging. The handset measures 154.8×75.76×7.97mm and weighs 180 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has PureDisplay, DCI-P3 wide colour gamut, 500 nits peak brightness and HDR10 video playback.
- It has a 6 series aluminium-magnesium alloy frame, glass back.
- It is part of the Android One program that is guaranteed to deliver timely updates.
- Camera features include ZEISS optics, EIS, OIS, portrait shots, zoom and AI scene detection to automatically detect 18 scenes.
- Front Camera features include pixel binding that can combine four pixels to form 1.8μm large pixel, AI beauty, AI portrait Mode, 6 AI studio lights, AI expressions and new dual-view mode.
- Single speaker with a Smart AMP, 2 Mics, and Nokia OZO surround capture.
The Nokia 8.1 is a premium looking device like all other Nokia smartphones launched earlier. The glass back and dual-tone metal frame makes the device more premium. The display looks absolutely amazing and it comes with decent specifications.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 27K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Poco F1, Honor 10 and Asus Zenfone 5Z. So, the competition in this price range is very less.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering the latest Snapdragon 710 SoC whereas others are offering flagship processor Snapdragon 845 (Poco F1, Zenfone 5Z) or Kirin 970 (Honor 10). But that doesn’t mean Snapdragon 710 is weak or slow, it is a great processor. On the other hand, Nokia 8.1 is offering many more things but we think it should have been priced at around 24K-25K. Still, Nokia 8.1 looks promising.
Overall, We recommend Nokia 8.1 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Asus Zenfone 5Z (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Buy Nokia 8.1 from below:[content-egg-block template=offers_list]
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.