WhatsApp has recently announced the Whatsapp chat transfer feature, using which users can now transfer their chats between iOS and Android phones, which was earlier not possible. Users have been looking out for a way to transfer their chats between Android devices and iOS devices.
One has to use third-party apps to transfer WhatsApp chat between the OS, which usually costs money. Recently, Whatsapp at the Galaxy Unpacked announced an event that users will able to transfer chat from iOS to Android phones.
Initially, the feature to transfer the chat will be available to the Samsung phones. Users will be able to migrate their chat history from their iPhones to the Samsung phones or vice versa. This will start with the new foldable from Samsung.
WhatsApp said that they work with Samsung to make chat transfer possible. They said that the chat history of the user is end-to-end encrypted on the device of the users, and migrating was not possible earlier. At the Galaxy Unpacked event, WhatsApp announced that users can transfer their WhatsApp chat history, which includes their conversations, photos, voice notes.
With this feature, users will be able to switch their devices easily. The feature will be made available to both Android and iOS devices, and it will allow users to transfer their data from one platform to another. This feature will roll out to Android phones at the beginning, starting with the newest Samsung Galaxy phones.
Migrating WhatsApp Chat From iPhone To Samsung Phone
You can easily migrate Whatsapp Chat from iPhone to the Old Samsung phone using the USB cable. Before you continue, ensure that the WhatsApp on iPhone has version 22.214.171.124 or higher, and the version of Whatsapp on Android should be 126.96.36.199 or higher. Ensure you are using a new Samsung phone. If your Samsung phone is not new, then you will have to reset it first.
To transfer WhatsApp Chat from iPhone to Samsung phone, follow the steps given below-
- Connect the Samsung phone to the iPhone using the USB Type-C to Lightning cable.
- Now you will have to set up the Samsung phone using the Smart Switch.
- A notification will appear, and you will have to scan the QR code on the Samsung phone with the camera on the iPhone.
- Now tap on the Start button on the iPhone to start the process.
- You will have to set up the Samsung phone.
- Now open WhatsApp on your Samsung phone and log in with the phone number that you have used to activate WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now tap on Import to import the chat.
- After the process has been completed you will be able to see your chats on iPhone on WhatsApp, and the chats on iPhone will remain unless you delete them.
This is how you can migrate WhatsApp Chat from iPhone to Samsung Phone. Ensure you follow the steps correctly, and only then you will be able to transfer the Whatsapp chats.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.