On Wednesday, Samsung launched its new smartphone, ‘Samsung Galaxy S20 FE’ in an online unpacked event. The smartphone is part of the ‘Galaxy S20 lineup’ and can be said as a toned-down version of the original Galaxy S20. Here, ‘FE’ stands for ‘Fan Edition’.
In terms of design, the smartphone is a combination of Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note20 – the overall design resembles Galaxy S20 whereas the camera module resembles Galaxy Note20. Also, it comes in a wide range of colours.
The key specifications of the smartphone include a Super AMOLED display, Triple Rear Cameras, up to 8GB RAM, Exynos 990 SoC (4G) /Snapdragon 865 SoC (5G) and 4500mAh Battery.
The main highlights of the smartphone are 120Hz Super AMOLED Display battery and six-colors variants.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G price is EUR 649 (approx. Rs. 55,700) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and EUR 719 (approx. Rs. 61,700) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G price is EUR 699 (approx. Rs. 65,600) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and EUR 819 (approx. Rs. 70,300) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant.
- It will come in Cloud Red, Cloud Orange, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy and Cloud White colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase in the global market starting October 2.
- Indian pricing and availability are yet to be announced.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE sports a 6.5-inch Infinity-O Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 10 on the top of OneUI 2.5.
The 4G model runs on 2.73GHz octa-core 7nm Exynos 990 processor with Mali-G77 MP11 GPU whereas the 5G model runs on 2.84GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU.
Both models come with 6GB/8GB LPDDR5 RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Single-SIM (nano+eSIM) or Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/1.8 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.0 aperture and the third camera includes a 12MP 123-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.1) internal storage which is expandable up to 1TB via microSD. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G (depends on model), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC, MST and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE battery capacity is 4500mAh with support of 25W fast charging (15W fast charger in the box included) and wireless charging. The handset measures 159.8×74.5×8.4mm thick and weighs 190 grams.
- Full-HD+ Infinity-O (Punch-Hole) Super AMOLED display with 407 ppi.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Optical in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS, PDAF, Intelli-Cam, Single Take, 4K video recording, slow-mo video recording, AR Emoji and AR doodles.
- 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom via 8MP telephoto camera sensor.
- IP-68 Water & Dust Resistant.
- Supports 25W fast charging and 15W fast charger included in the box.
- Wireless Charging and Wireless PowerShare (wirelessly charge other wireless charging supported devices).
- Audio features include USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos.
- Samsung Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pay.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.