On Wednesday, OnePlus launched its new smartphone, ‘OnePlus 8’ in an online launch event. The smartphone is the successor of OnePlus 7T. The key specifications of the smartphone include a Fluid AMOLED display, Triple Rear Cameras, up to 12GB RAM, Snapdragon 865 SoC and 4300mAh Battery.
The main highlights of this smartphone are Fluid AMOLED display and the Snapdragon 865 SoC. Along with this smartphone, the company also launched OnePlus 8 Pro.
OnePlus 8: Price, Sale Date
- OnePlus 8 price is $699 (approx. Rs. 53,200) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and $799 (approx. Rs. 60,800) for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Onyx Black (gloss-finish glass), Glacial Green (matte glass) and lnterstellar Glow (gloss-finish glass) colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase starting April 21 in the UK and April 29 in the US. Pre-orders start today.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
OnePlus 8: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, OnePlus 8 sports a 6.65-inch Fluid AMOLED Display with 90Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 10 on the top of Oxygen OS10.0, the phone runs on 2.84GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 865 processor with Adreno 650 GPU. The Snapdragon 865 SoC comes with X55 5G modem that supports both NSA and SA 5G. It comes with 8GB/12GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes a 16MP 116-degree ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the third camera includes a 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.45 aperture. The phone has a LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors onboard the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. OnePlus 8 battery capacity is 4300mAh with support of 30W Warp Charge 30T fast charging (fast charger included in the box). The handset measures 160.2×72.9×8.0mm and weighs 180 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- Full-HD+ Punch-Hole Fluid AMOLED display with HDR10+ support and 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Glass back with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 4096 levels of auto-brightness control and A+ Display rating from DisplayMate.
- Alert slider.
- In-display fingerprint sensor.
- Camera features include OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 4K video at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps.
- Audio features include USB Type-C audio, Audio 3D, Audio Zoom, dual stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos.
- Water-resistant (IP68).
Visit our webiste daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.