On Tuesday, Xiaomi launched its new fitness band, ‘Mi Band 4’ at an event held in China. The fitness band is the successor of last year’s Mi Band 3. This is the first band from the company which features a colour AMOLED display. The key specifications of the band include an AMOLED display, 6-axis sensor, voice assistant and payments support.
The main highlights of this band are Colour Display, Payments Support, Voice Assistant and up to 20 days of battery life.
The company also launched a Mi Band 4 Avengers Series Limited Edition with three distinct bands of Avengers, Captain America and Iron Man. It also has Marvel superhero watch faces and a special Marvel Avengers package.
Mi Band 4: Price, Sale Date
- Mi Band 4 (Standard Edition) price is CNY 169 (roughly Rs. 1,700).
- Mi Band 4 (NFC Edition) price is CNY 229 (roughly Rs. 2,300).
- Mi Band 4 (Avengers Series Limited Edition) price is CNY 349 (roughly Rs. 3,500).
- The fitness band will be available for purchase via major online stores starting June 16 in China.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
Mi Band 4: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Mi Band 4 sports a 0.95-inch colour AMOLED Display with 2.5D glass protection and 120×240 pixels resolution. It has support for touch inputs. It comes with a built-in microphone to enable voice commands. With the help of voice commands users can control compatible connected devices. However, Voice assistant is only supported in NFC edition of the fitness band.
It shows time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, notifications from apps, calls and much more. There is a 6-axis high precision sensor with a tri-axis accelerometer and a tri-axis gyro. The sensor helps in monitoring physical activities which includes cycling, exercise, running, swimming and walking in real time. It also helps in tracking sleep.
The band is 5 ATM water resistant and is designed to identify various swimming strokes like freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly and mixed-style. It also offers swolf score to help users determine their swimming skills.
The smart wrist band comes with payment mode in which users need to swipe the screen to show to QR code on their band to make payments on-the-go. Mi Band 4 battery capacity is 135mAh with up to 20 days of battery life (125mAh and up to 15 days of battery life on NFC Edition). The band weighs 22.1 grams and the NFC Edition weighs 22.2 grams.
The fitness band pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The band sports a 24-bit colour AMOLED touch screen display with 400 nits of brightness. It is 39.9 percent bigger display than the predecessor so that it can display more characters.
- 77 different watch faces.
- 5 ATM water resistant up to 50 metres.
- NFC support for Alipay in China.
- Xiao Voice Assistant in China.
- Photoplethysmography (PPG)/Heart rate sensor.
- Capacitive Wear Monitoring Sensor
- Sedentary reminder.
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE.
Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.