On Friday, Samsung launched its new smartphone ‘Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition’ in Japan. The smartphone is part of Galaxy S10 series. The smartphone is launched ahead of the 2020 Olympics. The company is known for launching the Olympic edition in the past like Galaxy Note 3 Olympic Edition in 2014, Galaxy S7 Edge Olympic Edition in 2016 and Galaxy Note 8 Winter Olympic Games Edition in 2018. In future, we can expect more Olympic Edition because of the company’s sponsorship for the event which ends in 2028.
The smartphone comes only in Prism White colour option with a Tokyo Olympic logo on the back. Unlike regular S10+, it comes in a different packaging style along with specially designed earbuds earphones. Other specifications of the smartphone are the same as regular S10+.
The main highlights of this smartphone are a Dynamic AMOLED Display, Triple Rear Camera, Dual Front Camera and 4100 mAh Battery.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition: Price, Sale Date
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition price starts at $1000 (roughly Rs. 70,300) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Prism White colour option.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via NTT Docomo starting July in Japan.
- Only 10,000 units of this edition will be sold.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced (there are very fewer chances for India Launch).
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition sports a 6.4-inch Curved Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and QHD+ (1440×3040 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of OneUI, the phone runs on 2.8GHz 7nm Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP 77-degree wide-angle sensor with f/1.7/2.4 variable aperture, the second camera includes a 12MP 45-degree telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 16MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 10MP sensor with f/1.9 aperture and the second camera includes an 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has an LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage with microSD card support upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster and USB Type-C. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, heart rate sensor, RGB light sensor and ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor. Samsung Galaxy S10+ Olympic Games Edition battery capacity is 4,100mAh with the support of 15W adaptive fast charging and fast wireless charging 2.0. The handset measures 157.6×74.1×7.8mm and weighs 175 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports a Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O display with a pixel density of 552ppi.
- Dynamic AMOLED display comes with a peak brightness of 1,200 nits.
- Dynamic AMOLED display is the world’s first HDR10+ certified displays.
- Display features include blue light reduction, improved colour accuracy and outdoor visibility.
- World’s first smartphone with ‘Ultrasonic In-Display Fingerprint sensor’ and according to the company, it is the most advanced embedded fingerprint scanning method.
- It comes with Wi-Fi 802.11ax (WiFi 6) support and Dolby Atmos for Gaming.
- Wired fast charging supports Quick Charge 2.0 and Adaptive fast charging.
- Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 which is said to be 30 percent faster than the previous generation, compatible with WPC and PMA standards.
- Wireless PowerShare (can be said as reverse wireless charging also) which allows users to charge other Qi Wireless charging devices – such as the new Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Watch Active, or other Qi-compatible smartphones).
- It is IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.
- AI-powered performance in which the software preloads commonly used apps, recommends Bixby routines based on usage and has an Adaptive Power feature that optimises battery life based on user behaviour.
- Rear Camera features include 2PD autofocus, variable aperture, Dual-OIS, 0.5x-2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom, ultra-wide angle shot and dedicated Instagram Mode.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling.
Visit our website daily for latest tech news. Follow Us on Instagram for awesome tech stuff. Also, Join our Telegram Group and connect directly with Admin.