The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ Display, 48MP Dual Camera Setup, Snapdragon 660 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are 48MP Rear Camera and 4000 mAh Battery.
Redmi Note 7S: Price in India, Sale Date
- Redmi Note 7S price in India is Rs. 10,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant and Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant. It will come in Onyx Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Stores starting May 23.
Redmi Note 7S: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi Note 7S sports a 6.3-inch LTPS in-cell Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 2.2GHz 14nm octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor with Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with 3GB/4GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Samsung GM1 sensor with f/1.79 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, there is a 13MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 32GB/64GB internal storage with microSD support upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, distance sensor, ambient light sensor, IR sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Redmi Note 7S battery capacity is 4,000mAh with the support of 18W QuickCharge 4 fast charging (10W standard charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measures 159.21×75.21×8.1mm and weighs 186 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ LTPS in-cell dot notch display with 1.95mm narrow bezels, 81.37% screen-to-body ratio, 450 nits of brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- On the back, there is Aura design with glass back and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- P2i nano-coating making the smartphone splash-proof.
- The 48MP camera sensor used is Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM1 sensor with four-in-one pixel binning technology to make a 12MP image with 1.6μm pixel.
- Rear camera features include AI scene detection, PDAF, EIS and AI Portrait Mode.
- Front camera features include AI Beautify, AI Portrait and AI Face Unlock
The Redmi Note 7S is a budget smartphone that manages to provide a strong spec sheet with a seamless processor and battery capacity. It comes with the elegant glass back design and a camera which is worth at this price.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 11K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Redmi Y3, Realme 3, Galaxy M20, Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Galaxy A20. So, the competition in this price range is good.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like 48MP dual camera setup and glass back design. The smartphone is providing a 48MP camera at this price which is surely a big plus point against the competition. The device also looks better in term of design and overall in-hand feel.
Xiaomi is replacing the Redmi Note 7 with Redmi Note 7S which means the company is discontinuing the regular Redmi Note 7.
Overall, We recommend Redmi Note 7S to buy in this price range.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.