On Tuesday, Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi launched its new smartphone, ‘Redmi K20 Pro’ at an event held in Beijing, China. The smartphone is one of the most awaited smartphones because of the rumours, leaks and teasers posted by company officials. It is a part of the new ‘Redmi K series’ where K means Killer i.e. Flagship Killer according to the company.
The main highlights of this smartphone are AMOLED HDR Display, Triple Rear Camera, Pop-up Selfie Camera, Snapdragon 855 SoC, 4000mAh Battery and 27W fast charging.
Along with the smartphone, the company also launched the regular Redmi K20 with Snapdragon 730 and 4000 mAh Battery.
Redmi K20 Pro: Price, Sale Date
- Redmi K20 Pro price is CNY 2,499 (roughly Rs. 25,100) for the 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant, CNY 2,599 (roughly Rs. 26,200) for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, CNY 2,799 (roughly Rs. 28,200) for the 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant and CNY 2,999 (roughly Rs. 30,200) for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Glacier Blue, Flame Red, Carbon Fiber Black colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via major online stores starting June 1 in China.
- Availability and price in India are yet to be announced.
Redmi K20 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi K20 Pro sports a 6.39-inch AMOLED HDR Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on overclocked 2.85GHz 7nm octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, the second camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture and the third camera includes a 13MP 124.8-degree ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a pop-up camera which is a 20MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has Dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB/128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, magnetometer and in-display fingerprint sensor. Redmi K20 Pro battery capacity is 4000mAh with the support of 27W fast charging. The handset measures 156.7×74.3×8.8mm and weighs 191 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ AMOLED HDR display with 91.1 percent screen-to-body ratio, 2.1mm narrow bezels, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit brightness and hardware DC dimming support.
- It has a 3D curved design.
- It has a flame pattern on Flame Red and Glacier Blue colour options whereas unique kevlar texture pattern on Carbon Fibre Black colour option.
- It comes with overclocked octa-core Snapdragon 855 SoC with one core clocked at 2.85GHz, three cores clocked at 2.42GHz, and four cores clocked at 1.8GHz.
- It has 8 layers of graphite 3D sheet for better heat dissipation.
- Game Turbo 2.0 for a better gaming experience.
- The pop-up camera comes with a sapphire lens cover that can rise in 0.8 seconds and its pop-up rising mechanism has been tested 300,000 times.
- It has a seventh-gen In-Display Fingerprint Sensor with a 3P lens which is equivalent to the 7.2-micrometre macro camera. The fingerprint area is increased by 15 percent.
- Camera features include AI scene detection, 960fps slow-motion video recording and more.
- Audio features include Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9340 Hi-Fi audio chip.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.