On Tuesday, OnePlus launched its new smartphone, ‘OnePlus 7 Pro’ in India. The smartphone is a part of the ‘OnePlus 7 Series’. The new OnePlus 7 series also includes OnePlus 7 which is also launched at the same event. Both smartphones are also launched simultaneously at London and New York event.
The latest smartphone sports a Fluid AMOLED Display, Triple Camera Setup, Snapdragon 855 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
It is the first smartphone from the company to sport a Quad-HD+ Fluid AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Fluid AMOLED Display, 90Hz Refresh rate, Snapdragon 855 SoC, and 4000 mAh Battery.
OnePlus 7 Pro: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- OnePlus 7 Pro price in India is Rs. 48,999 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant, Rs. 52,999 for the 8GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant and Rs. 57,999 for the 12GB RAM/256GB internal storage variant. It will come in Almond, Nebula Blue, and Mirror Grey colour options.
- The 6GB RAM variant is available in Mirror Grey colour only, the 8GB RAM variant is available in all colour options and the 12GB RAM variant is available in Nebula Blue colour only.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon, OnePlus online store, OnePlus retails stores and other major retail stores starting May 17.
- The Mirror Grey colour option will go on sale starting May 17, the Nebula Blue colour option will go on sale starting May 28 and the Almond colour option will go on sale in June (the exact date is not revealed).
- For Amazon Prime customers and OnePlus Early Bird sale, the Mirror Grey colour option will go on sale starting May 16.
- The smartphone will also be available at OnePlus Pop-up stores starting May 15 in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Pune. The Delhi Pop-up store will last long a month i.e. from May 17 to June 16.
- Launch offers include telecom offer from Jio with benefits upto Rs. 9300, upto 70 percent buyback guarantee from Servify, Rs. 2000 cashback for SBI card users and upto 6-months no-cost EMI on select channels.
OnePlus 7 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, OnePlus 7 Pro sports a 6.67-inch Curved Fluid AMOLED Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and QHD+ (1440×3120 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of Oxygen OS 9.5, the phone runs on 2.84GHz 7nm octa-core Snapdragon 855 processor with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano).
In optics, there is a triple rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.6 aperture, the second camera includes a 16MP wide angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 117-degree field of view and the third camera includes an 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 78mm focal length, and 3x optical zoom.
On the front, there is a pop-up front camera which includes a 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has Dual-LED flash, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Continuous Autofocus (CAF) and Laser Autofocus (LAF) on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 128GB/256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage without microSD support. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, GLONASS and USB Type-C port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and in-display fingerprint sensor. OnePlus 7 Pro battery capacity is 4,000mAh with the support of 30W Warp fast charging. The handset measures 162.6×75.9×8.8mm and weighs 206 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Quad-HD+ Curved Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 516ppi pixel density, HDR10+ certification and 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- On the back, there is Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It also has daily water-resistance so that the phone can withstand splashes and accidental spills, but it doesn’t have IP ratings.
- Rear camera features include OIS, EIS, 3x loss-less optical zoom, Portrait, UltraShot, Nightscape, Pro Mode, AI Scene Detection, Panorama, HDR, Studio Lighting, Time-Lapse and RAW Image.
- DxO Mark score of 111 revealed by the company.
- 4K video at up to 60fps, 1080p video at up to 240fps, and 720p video at up to 480fps.
- Front camera features include EIS, HDR, Screen Flash, Face Retouching and Time-Lapse.
- The Pop-up camera will automatically retract the extended module in a “fraction of a second” when the phone is falling, using the accelerometer and gyroscope sensors.
- X-haptic vibration motor.
- Night Mode 2.0 UI which delivers the lowest brightness setting of 0.27 nits.
- 10-layer liquid cooling system.
- RAM boost.
- Built-in screen recorder.
- Dual Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support and noise cancellation support.
- Improved in-display fingerprint sensor.
- Zen Mode that will run for 20 minutes so you can receive only emergency calls and take quick photos
The OnePlus 7 Pro is a premium smartphone. It is an impressive device that purely falls in the flagship category of smartphones. It has an immersive display, which supports an awesome viewing experience as well as awesome in-hand feel (90Hz refresh rate is awesome). The device features a robust configuration that makes it perfect for high-end games and top notch performance. The battery backup is a doubt because of the 90Hz refresh rate as it consumes much more juice. However, it is featuring 30W warp charging technology which works like a charm.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 49K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy S10e, Google Pixel 3a XL, Google Pixel 3 and iPhone XR. So, the competition in this price range is quite low. Being a flagship, it can be also compared with iPhone XS or Galaxy S10 or S10 Plus or Huawei P30 Pro, but it won’t be justice because of the price difference.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like Fluid AMOLED display, Pop-up camera mechanism, 90Hz display refresh rate, Snapdragon 855 SoC, 48MP triple camera setup, 3x optical zoom and Oxygen OS. The smartphone is giving tough competition to all smartphone in this price range.
Despite, being a flagship smartphone, there is no IP rating and wireless charging. There is also no 3.5mm headphone jack which other smartphones retain in this price.
Also, the company didn’t mention any list of games which supports a 90Hz refresh rate. At the time of writing this, it seems like the 90Hz display is optimized for Oxygen OS only. So, having an advantage of 90Hz refresh rate over all other smartphones don’t make sense now because it cannot work with games like PUBG, Asphalt 9 or any other games.
The OnePlus 7 Pro hype is real and no doubt the smartphone is great at its first impressions but we are putting it to many tests before our full flash review.
Overall, We recommend OnePlus 7 Pro to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Samsung Galaxy S10e.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.