The latest smartphone sports a HD+ Display, Dual Camera Setup, Snapdragon 632 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
The company also announced its Y series smartphone, the Redmi Y3 at the same event. The Redmi 7 and Redmi Y3 are almost identical in terms of specifications except for selfie camera, RAM, storage, colour and price of the smartphone.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are 4000mAh and Aura Smoke Gradient Design.
Redmi 7: Price in India, Sale Date and Offers
- Redmi 7 price in India is Rs. 7,999 for the 2GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant and Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant. It will come in Comet Blue, Eclipse Black, and Lunar Red colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Amazon, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting April 29.
- Launch offers include telecom offer from Jio with double data benefits and Rs. 2,400 cashback in form of vouchers.
Redmi 7: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi 7 sports a 6.26-inch Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and HD+ (720×1560 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of MIUI 10, the phone runs on 1.8GHz 14nm octa-core Snapdragon 632 processor with Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 12MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP depth sensor.
On the front, there is an 8MP sensor. The phone has Dual LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 32GB internal storage with the support of microSD upto 512GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, IR blaster and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Redmi 7 battery capacity is 4,000mAh. The handset measures 158.73×75.58×8.47mm and weighs 180 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports HD+ waterdrop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The display has a peak brightness of 450 nits and a contrast ratio of 1500:1.
- It has Aura smoke gradient design at the back with dual colour finish.
- Rear Camera features include AI scene detection and portrait shots.
- Front Camera features include AI Portrait and AI Beautify 4.0
- P2i splash resistant nano-coating.
The Redmi 7 is an entry-level budget smartphone that comes with decent features. The device delivers a good performance, nice battery backup, good cameras and storage for the price range. It also has a fingerprint scanner which is a plus point at this price. It lacks a Full-HD+ display but considering the budget, it can be overlooked.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 8K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy M10, Samsung Galaxy A10, Asus Zenfone Max M2 and Realme C2. So, the competition in this price range is decent enough.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like P2i nano-coating, fingerprint sensor and gradient design. The smartphone is giving tough competition to all smartphone in this price range,
Overall, We recommend Redmi 7 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Asus Zenfone Max M2 (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.