On Monday, Realme launched its new smartphone, ‘Realme C2’ at an event held in New Delhi, India. The smartphone is the successor of Realme C1 which was launched last year.
The latest smartphone sports a HD+ Display, Dual Camera Setup, MediaTek Helio P22 SoC, 4000 mAh Battery and much more.
The company also announced its much-awaited mid-range smartphone, the Realme 3 Pro at the same event.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Diamond-Cut Design, AI Camera and 4000 mAh Battery.
Realme C2: Price in India, Sale Date and Offers
- Realme C2 price in India is Rs. 5,999 for the 2GB RAM/16GB internal storage variant and Rs. 7,999 for the 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage variant. It will come in Diamond Blue and Diamond Black colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Realme Website and Flipkart starting May 15.
- Launch offers include telecom offer from Jio with benefits upto Rs. 5,300 in the form of vouchers.
Realme C2: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Realme C2 sports a 6.1-inch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and HD+ (720×1560 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6.0, the phone runs on 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor with 650MHz PowerVR GE8320 GPU. It comes with 2GB/3GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 13MP sensor with f/1.2 aperture and the second camera includes a 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a 5MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 16GB/32GB internal storage with the support of microSD upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor. Realme C2 battery capacity is 4,000mAh. The handset measures 154.3×73.7×8.5mm and weighs 166 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports HD+ waterdrop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and 89.35% screen-to-body ratio.
- The back of the smartphone has a diamond-cut design that is made with a laser-cut technology and three-layer paint job.
- Front Camera features include AI Selfies and AI Face Unlock.
The Realme C2 is a budget smartphone. It comes with decent specifications. The design of the smartphone is a major plus point. On top of the design, the smartphone comes with AI features. There is no fingerprint sensor. However, the presence of a fingerprint sensor would have made this smartphone an ideal choice for the price.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 6K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Samsung Galaxy M10, Redmi 6A, Asus Zenfone Lite L1 and Asus Zenfone Max M1. So, the competition in this price range is high.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like Diamond-cut design, AI camera, Helio P22 SoC and 4000 mAh battery.
Overall, We recommend Realme C2 to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Redmi 6A.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.