On Monday, Realme launched its new smartphone, ‘Realme 3 Pro’ at an event held in New Delhi, India. The smartphone is part of the Realme 3 series which includes Realme 3 which was launched last month in India.
The latest smartphone sports a Full-HD+ Display, Dual Camera Setup, Snapdragon 710 SoC, 4045 mAh Battery and much more.
The company also announced its budget lineup smartphone, the Realme C2 at the same event.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Snapdragon 710 SoC, Sony IMX519 sensor and 20W fast charging.
Realme 3 Pro: Price in India, Sale Date and Offers
- Realme 3 Pro price in India is Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage variant and Rs. 16,999 for the 6GB RAM/128GB internal storage variant. It will come in Carbon Grey, Nitro Blue and Lightning Purple colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Realme Website and Flipkart starting April 29. Carbon Grey, Nitro Blue colour options will be available from the first sale while the Lightning Purple colour option will be available in May (exact date is not announced).
- The smartphone will also be available for purchase at Realme Pop-up Store in Pacific Mall, Subhash Nagar, New Delhi on April 27 at 4.30PM.
- Launch offers includes:
- Free Realme Buds to first 1000 customers from Realme website.
- 15% Additional Cashback (Upto Rs. 1,500) on payment made via Mobikwik from Realme website.
- Flat Rs. 1000 Instant Discount on HDFC Credit Cards, Debit Cards and EMI transactions from Flipkart.
- No-cost EMI upto 6 months from Flipkart.
- Telecom offer from Jio with benefits upto Rs. 5,300 in the form of vouchers.
Realme 3 Pro: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Realme 3 Pro sports a 6.3-inch Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6.0, the phone runs on 2.2GHz 10nm octa-core Snapdragon 710 processor with Adreno 616 GPU. It comes with 4GB/6GB RAM options. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (nano+nano+microSD).
In optics, there is a dual rear camera setup, the first camera includes a 16MP Sony IMX519 sensor with f/1.7 aperture and the second camera includes a 5MP GC5035 sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
On the front, there is a 25MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 64GB/128GB internal storage with the support of microSD upto 256GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and rear-facing fingerprint sensor. Realme 3 Pro battery capacity is 4,045mAh with the support of 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charging (20W fast charger bundled in-the-box). The handset measures 156.8×74.2×8.3mm and weighs 172 grams.
The smartphone pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone sports Full-HD+ waterdrop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and 90.8% screen-to-body ratio.
- The display has a peak brightness of 400 nits and a contrast ratio of 1200:1.
- Carbon Grey, Nitro Blue and Lightning Purple colour options are of gradient design.
- The back of the smartphone shows off gradient colour patterns with 82 S-shaped curves running parallel through the fingerprint sensor.
- Rear Camera features include AI scene recognition, 960fps super-slow-motion video recording, 64MP Ultra HD mode, EIS and optimised Nightscape mode.
- Front Camera features include 4-in-1 super pixel technology.
- Widevine L1 certification which let users stream HD content from services like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.
- Hyperboost 2.0 feature with touchboost and frameboost for enhanced touch control and frame rate while gaming.
- Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) mode which improves the battery life.
The Realme 3 Pro is a mid-range smartphone. It comes with a powerful configuration that shows no sign of a glitch. The display is excellent which will allow the user to watch movies and play games with natural colour reproduction. For the camera performance, the device has maintained its position by using the same sensor which we have seen on OnePlus 6T.
Talking about the competition in this price range of around 14K, the real competitors of this smartphone are Redmi Note 7 Pro, Samsung Galaxy M30, Honor 10 Lite, Realme 2 Pro and Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. So, the competition in this price range is high.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering different features like gradient pattern design, Sony IMX519 sensor, 20W fast charging and 25MP front camera. But it also lacks in some like Micro USB port in 2019 which is just not acceptable.
Overall, We recommend Realme 3 Pro to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Redmi Note 7 Pro (Flash Review).
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.