On Tuesday, Xiaomi launched its new smartphone, ‘Redmi Go’ at an event held in New Delhi, India. This is the first smartphone from the company to feature Android Go Edition.
The latest smartphone sports a HD Display, Unlimted Google Photos Storage, 3000 mAh Battery and much more.
Top Highlights of Smartphone:
The main highlights of the smartphone are Android Go Edition and a 3,000 mAh battery.
Redmi Go: Price in India, Sale Date and Launch Offers
- Redmi Go price in India is Rs. 4,499 for the 1GB RAM/8GB internal storage variant. It will come in Black and Blue colour options.
- The smartphone will be available for purchase via Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting March 22 at 12 PM-noon.
- Launch offers include Telecom offer from Jio which includes up to Rs. 2200 cashback in the form of vouchers and free 100GB 4G data.
Redmi Go: Specifications and Features
Now coming to the specifications, Redmi Go sports a 5-inch Display with 16:9 aspect ratio and HD (720×1280 pixels) resolution. Based on Android 8.1 Oero Go Edition, the phone runs on 1.4GHz Quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU. It comes with 1GB RAM option. The smartphone has the support of Dual-SIM (Nano+Nano+microSD).
In optics, there is an 8MP sensor with f/12.0 aperture. On the front, there is a 5MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The phone has LED flash on the back.
When it comes to storage, the smartphone comes with 8GB internal storage and microSD card support upto 128GB. Connectivity suite of the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port. The sensors on board the handset are accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor. Redmi Go battery capacity is 3,000mAh. The handset measures 140.4×70.1×8.35mm and weighs 137 grams.
The smartphones pack a lot of features which are listed below:
- The smartphone has a HD display with 380 nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC Color Gamut.
- Unlimited Google Photos storage in high quality.
- Dedicated microSD card support.
- More than 20 Indian languages supported.
- Google Assistant supports Hindi as well as Hinglish.
- Rear camera features include Full-HD video recording, HDR support, real-time filters and smart scene detection.
- Front camera features include HDR support.
- Two microphones support which helps in reducing noise during calls.
- FM radio support.
The Redmi Go is a low-budget smartphone. This smartphone is for those people who are first-time smartphone buyers or whose usage is very basic like for Calls, Music, WhatsApp and Facebook.
If compared with the competition, the smartphone is offering nothing special. We think the smartphone could have been priced around Rs. 3,500 for the features it is offering because on the other hand Asus Zenfone Lite L1 is offering much better specifications and overall a better smartphone for just extra Rs. 500 (Most of the time during Flipkart sales, Zenfone Lite L1 is available for Rs. 4,999).
Overall, We don’t recommend Redmi Go to buy in this price range. However, at the time of writing this article, our first recommendation will be Asus Zenfone Lite L1.
Note: These are my initial impressions of the smartphone. For Full Flash Review, Stay tuned with our Instagram Page.
Redmi Go is available for purchase at below-mentioned stores:[content-egg-block template=offers_logo]
What do you think about this, tell us in the comment section below? Also, check out our Instagram page for awesome tech stuff.